Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 12-04-2017, 06:40 PM

Default Re: iPad Non-Pro 9.7" 7th Gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
If the Control App installs and runs then it should connect...I'm the Product Manager so should know ;-) It has to be a networking issue.
hey Eddie thanks for all your assistance. At this point I trust what you say, however I fear that the solution may be beyond my abilities to figure out, even with your assistance. Which I never thought could happen as I think I'm more than a novice to this stuff.
I fear I may have to pay the $40 for Avid support and hope they can get me going. I'm a few minutes away from pulling the trigger on a Pro Tools Dock, so I really need to get this going.
Thanks again. If you have any other suggestions I'm still open.
Old 12-04-2017, 06:42 PM

I have the iPad 2017 and it works a treat. Sorry, not much help, but it definitely works.
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 12-04-2017, 07:02 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGM View Post
hey Eddie thanks for all your assistance. At this point I trust what you say, however I fear that the solution may be beyond my abilities to figure out, even with your assistance. Which I never thought could happen as I think I'm more than a novice to this stuff.
I fear I may have to pay the $40 for Avid support and hope they can get me going. I'm a few minutes away from pulling the trigger on a Pro Tools Dock, so I really need to get this going.
Can I just check again....the version of the Control App is the same as EuControl? Can you double check?

Heres a test to see if your Mac even sees the iPad. Open Terminal on the Mac and type Ping x.x.x.x where x's are the IP address of the iPad (found in the iPad network prefs)
Old 12-04-2017, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGM View Post
Why would you pay Avid support for something that you have the developer here to help with? Eddie is the Eucon man and has the Dock and Artist series products on his table so if he can't figure this out then that support cost is a waste of money.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-04-2017, 07:10 PM
Avid

Can you screen grab and message me your Macs network settings windows ?
Old 12-04-2017, 07:13 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Why would you pay Avid support for something that you have the developer here to help with? Eddie is the Eucon man and has the Dock and Artist series products on his table so if he can't figure this out then that support cost is a waste of money.
Ha, thanks Chris...Yeah if I can't figure this out ...........that said support may have come across this with other customers. Let's try a few more things before you call them.
Old 12-05-2017, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrixx View Post
I have the iPad 2017 and it works a treat. Sorry, not much help, but it definitely works.
Thanks for verifying this.
Old 12-05-2017, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Can I just check again....the version of the Control App is the same as EuControl? Can you double check?

Heres a test to see if your Mac even sees the iPad. Open Terminal on the Mac and type Ping x.x.x.x where x's are the IP address of the iPad (found in the iPad network prefs)
Will do this later and report back.
Thanks again.
Old 12-05-2017, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Wasn’t aware of his credentials.
And I agree with you that Avid’s support would probably fail me. I find them inept at times.
But for sure I will continue following all the suggestions from Eddie as it’s aparent he knows his stuff!
Old 12-05-2017, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Can you screen grab and message me your Macs network settings windows ?
Only now getting back to the thread, so I’ll be following up on all suggestions in a few hours and keep you posted.