Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Third Party Interfaces

Old 05-24-2013, 04:28 AM

Default Duet FIREWIRE

Help! I'm running a MBP with 10.6.8 and a Apogee Duet Firewire (with a 400-800 cable), and everything has been running fine....today i boot up and Maestro doesnt immediately start as before, and when i manually start it up none of the drop-down menus work, none of the buttons, and the control panel is completely blank. The LED on the Duet is working so it's obviously getting power, they're talking to each other but something isn't connecting happily...

I know it's an old piece of kit, but it's been working fine and sounding great, so I really want to work it out...Anyone got any ideas on this?

Simon
Old 06-13-2013, 10:59 AM

Default Re: Duet FIREWIRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyjohn View Post
Help! I'm running a MBP with 10.6.8 and a Apogee Duet Firewire (with a 400-800 cable), and everything has been running fine....today i boot up and Maestro doesnt immediately start as before, and when i manually start it up none of the drop-down menus work, none of the buttons, and the control panel is completely blank. The LED on the Duet is working so it's obviously getting power, they're talking to each other but something isn't connecting happily...

I know it's an old piece of kit, but it's been working fine and sounding great, so I really want to work it out...Anyone got any ideas on this?

Simon
Hi, I've not used the Apogee, but you might try reinstalling any software or drivers that came with it, or check Apogee's site for any updated software or firmware updates. Might also check the Apogee forums for other people's input. Restoring the computer from a backup of a working state would be another possibility.

Chris

Pro Tools 2024.3

Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (3)
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB