Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2013, 03:47 PM

Default How Much Longer Will the Complete Production Toolkit Be Available for Pro Tools 10?

Hello Crew....I am currently using Pro Tools 10 and have no plans to move to Pro Tools 11 since it will force me to spring for a new MACPRO, not in the budget right now...does anyone know how much longer the Complete Production Toolkit for Pro Tools 10 will be available for purchase? Many thanks....
Old 04-11-2013, 05:38 PM

Default Re: How Much Longer Will the Complete Production Toolkit Be Available for Pro Tools 1

From what I understand, not at all. It's already gone from the Avid store, and I don't think dealers are allowed to sell it.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:11 PM

Default Re: How Much Longer Will the Complete Production Toolkit Be Available for Pro Tools 1

But it will be available on the used market for some time yet(at a much better price). Although, since Avid will continue to support and update 10 for a while, maybe the CPTK will also be available(but the new price is too much to swallow)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 04-11-2013, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
From what I understand, not at all. It's already gone from the Avid store, and I don't think dealers are allowed to sell it.
That was the impression I got.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 06-03-2013, 07:16 PM

well the answer to the thread question is - it aint there no more!!!

but why have they removed the CPK from the store?

I havent been using PT for a while - since I was happily using DP -

but now I have a job where I may need to send a session off somewhere, so obviously

but now no CPK!

are the CPK features ( ie surround ) going to be put into PT11?

or can I get a non hardware version of PT10 "HD"?

I really need surround capable version.

( i own pt 9 non HD - but never really use it ( no clip gain or surround )- only used it to open session and export OMF to DP )

any tips please!

thanks!
Old 06-03-2013, 08:17 PM

any tips please!
thanks!

Yup. Ebay. My big "D'oh!!" moment on this is, I have DV Toolkit 2, and the CPTK upgrade price used to be $750. You snooze, you lose, I guess.

Last edited by sw rec; 06-03-2013 at 08:28 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:42 PM

thanks for the quick answer!

only see one up on ebay for US$ 1600?

so if I want surround then I have to buy HD? I can only see upgrade to 10HD not buy?

am I missing something? or is it PT HD needs PT hardware?

thought it ran natively now ?
Old 06-04-2013, 05:00 AM

According to my Sweetwater rep: Yes, you must buy at least a CORE HD system once PT11 is released if you want the same feature set as PT10+CPTK. Which means that if you have a perfectly good interface like an 003 console, you still have to buy more hardware, even though it'll run just fine on other supported hardware. If you already have PT10 + CPTK, you can UPGRADE to PT11 HD Native "software only." I believe the original price of the CPTK was around $1999. Sound right? $1600 on Ebay is not out of line if you REALLY need the CPTK features.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:04 AM

thanks!

well i think I will try using protools10 first.. with out the CPTK - cos the project I need the surround for is the 3rd project in line - 2 others to get thru first.

was happy to see that there is a free 30 day trial of PT10 tho! :)

not so happy for some reason keeps saying my iLok ID is incorrect despite me copy an pastin from iLok.com - maybe thats a new thread?!

dam hoops! have to keep jumping em! :)
Old 06-06-2013, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fork-media View Post
thanks!

well i think I will try using protools10 first.. with out the CPTK - cos the project I need the surround for is the 3rd project in line - 2 others to get thru first.

was happy to see that there is a free 30 day trial of PT10 tho! :)

not so happy for some reason keeps saying my iLok ID is incorrect despite me copy an pastin from iLok.com - maybe thats a new thread?!

dam hoops! have to keep jumping em! :)
Just a thought... Be carefull when copying the iLok name. Any spaces you copy will throw up a wrong user name. Several times I've done this and it turned out to be an extra space in the selection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk