Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Old 03-02-2006, 10:32 AM

Default Move regions without automation?

Is dat possible: drag a region to another track, without the pan,-or volume-control-points 'hitching' along?
I'm not such a shortcuts-wizard... maybe someone knows?
Old 03-02-2006, 01:37 PM

Default Re: Move regions without automation?

Disable Automation Follows Edit under the Options menu. That should do it.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Disable Automation Follows Edit under the Options menu. That should do it.
Sometimes I used "opt-Shift-D" for "Duplicate Tracks" and now PT 7.0 and above gives you several options to select or deselect so you can keep things like input settings, plug-ins and their setttings, and automation as well, but I'd double check that as I am not in front of the system so I forgot exactly what you can choose and cannnot, but I am pretty sure that automation setttings is one of the paramaters to choose or not choose. You may find that this way or the other way given you in the preceeding piost as your preferred one, depending on which one is quicker for you in use in each situation. In this case that I gave you, you'll not have to go in and out of Setups/preferences/ to change things back and forth, but you will need to delete the old track. But, you should be able to still move quickly with your work flow because the dupkicate ttracks method won't make you change preferences, which might make you need to go back and select them or deselect them again, depending on how you work and what you need at the time, The other way, of course, may surely be better than the one I gave you, You just have to see which one impeeds you speed of editing the least.
Old 03-03-2006, 06:38 AM

Quote:
In this case that I gave you, you'll not have to go in and out of Setups/preferences/ to change things back and forth, but you will need to delete the old track.
It's not under Setup . It's under the Options menu. You can enable/disable this option in the same way you can with ADC for instance.
Old 03-04-2006, 12:48 AM

Cool,

I'll add it to my list in my "oops" file... thanks. The penalty for trying to remember everything from memory and not being at the desk when trying to answer. Then they changed the menus on us in 7.0 so now I'm really "menu challenged" Thanks for the correction.