Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2007, 01:38 AM

Default Selection Point Playback

Hello,

I'm still fairly new to operating Pro-Tools and i've encountered a problem which is probably easy to fix but I have no idea how.

I'm used to when playing back or recording from a location within a song upon pressing stop the selection returning to the point from which I started but now, i'm not sure why it just moves the begining of the the playback to the point where I stopped.

For example say I start playing the song from 4.5 seconds in and I stop it a 9 seconds i'm used to when I press play again it starting from 4.5 seconds, however now it plays from 9 seconds.

I'm not sure what I did to cause this, i probably pressed the wrong key by accident but i've gone through all the manuals and found nothing to help me out. I'm finding this really annoying especially when having to repeatedly record a section and having to click back to a point rather than it going there automatically.

If anyone could help me out I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks a lot

Benjamin
Old 02-07-2007, 02:30 AM

Default Re: Selection Point Playback

Keyboard Command 'N' Insertation Follows Playback. Sometimes you hit it using the Space Bar.

filosofem