Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2016, 08:52 AM

Default Clip Effects Enabled by default

I've noticed that when I open a session in PT12.6 that clip effects are enabled by default. Is there anyway to disable this (no mention in the manual)? At the moment the only way to do so is to show every track in the session, select every clip and bypass or disengage all the clip effect modules. Not terribly difficult but a bit inconvenient.

I run HD Native so I need to squeeze every bit of processing power that I can from my CPU. Unless AVID confirms that leaving the clip effects on with the factory setting does not take a hit on processing power then it'd be nice if there were a preference setting that disables it.