Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2019, 08:46 PM

Default Missing Files

Everytime I open Pro Tools the missing files window pops up.
The one with the options to skip all, automatically find & relink...
I'm not missing any files or anything.
How do you get this to go away?
I'm tired of seeing this everytime I open Pro Tools.
I'm also get the window that ask's if you want to move the non working plug-ins into the unused folder. I'm not worried about them. I just want these windows to go away.
Old 11-24-2019, 09:07 AM

Default Re: Missing Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by my-name-is-thanos View Post
Everytime I open Pro Tools the missing files window pops up.
The one with the options to skip all, automatically find & relink...
I'm not missing any files or anything.
How do you get this to go away?
I'm tired of seeing this everytime I open Pro Tools.
I'm also get the window that ask's if you want to move the non working plug-ins into the unused folder. I'm not worried about them. I just want these windows to go away.
Just opening PT shouldn't pop up a missing files error. Opening a session could give that error though. What files does it say are missing?

What plugins is it asking to move to the unused plugins folder? Once you move the files to the folder that error shouldn't come up again. If I were you I'd take a look at why PT is giving you heartburn with certain plugins. Are they not considered compatible with your version of PT? What exact version of PT are you running and what's your computer's exact operating system?

QAPLA!
Old 11-26-2019, 10:00 AM

Yes. It dosen't open when opening pro tools. It just opens when opening a session. It's usually just audio clips that its missing but I'm not missing any. I just don't want these windows to show up everytime I open a session.

I guess if I just uninstall those plugins that wont pop up anymore...
Old 11-26-2019, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my-name-is-thanos View Post
Yes. It dosen't open when opening pro tools. It just opens when opening a session. It's usually just audio clips that its missing but I'm not missing any. I just don't want these windows to show up everytime I open a session.

I guess if I just uninstall those plugins that wont pop up anymore...
You may not have to uninstall the plugins - why not tell us which ones are giving you the problem? We may be able to help you with that but not without more info from you.

As to the supposed missing files are you referencing files in another location? If so when you import the files have PT copy the files over so that they're in the proper folder for your PT session.

QAPLA!