Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 08:21 AM

Default Re: Real-Time Bounce to Disk...REAL PAIN

I consider the automation required to facilitate bounces to be a massive amount of time wasted because the left brain distraction required to facilitate a recall often makes the need for them inevitable!
Old 07-10-2010, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed13adema View Post
Just want to see who has the right to be so judgmental of time wasted.

Really what does any of this have to do with real time bounce? I am just sick of No Talent people posting time isn't important. They don't care cuz they don't have clients asking them for bounces everyday. I wish you guys could see my phone texts. You would be saying what I am saying X10!!!

So go stretch your legs or feed you cat while you make no money in music!

As if you know anything about who has talent, or makes money here...

This is a debate on the importance of offline bounces. So far, all you are doing is accusing people of not having talent or not being as important as you.

You are not important to Avid, or anyone else here. As far as anyone is concerned, you could be some WoW forum troll just looking to piss people off in a professional audio forum. I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt... but I reiterate... it doesn't matter who you are, or how important you think you are. This is a place for debate and discussion, and so far all you've done is lash out at people and question their importance or intelligence.

Please. Take your ego somewhere else. There isn't enough room it.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 07-10-2010, 03:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dism View Post

As if you know anything about who has talent, or makes money here...

This is a debate on the importance of offline bounces. So far, all you are doing is accusing people of not having talent or not being as important as you.

You are not important to Avid, or anyone else here. As far as anyone is concerned, you could be some WoW forum troll just looking to piss people off in a professional audio forum. I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt... but I reiterate... it doesn't matter who you are, or how important you think you are. This is a place for debate and discussion, and so far all you've done is lash out at people and question their importance or intelligence.

Please. Take your ego somewhere else. There isn't enough room it.
Thanks I am debating. It is people like you who can't handle it and get all flustered like a chic. Man up! The truth hurts! I am talking about saving time and you want to start a childish No Fi movement. Which tells me at least you have a sence of humor. Please don't cry when the debate heats up
Old 07-10-2010, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Olhsson View Post
You mix to a bus and route that mix bus to a stereo track sending the output of that track to the monitors. Then you disable solo on that track and I usually set the monitor to input-only so I don't need to constantly be in record.

It's simply a matter of starting at the beginning, get a mix together, record until the mix screws up, fix the problem, and then pick up the mix from an earlier point. Then I usually drag the region to a good transition point and cross-fade it. When you get to the end, select all of the recorded regions, consolidate from the edit menu, name the file and export if you need interleaved files, 16 bit or a different sample rate or format.
Sounds complex, BOB can you do a youtube clip on that process please?

Old 07-10-2010, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed13adema View Post
Thanks I am debating. It is people like you who can't handle it and get all flustered like a chic. Man up! The truth hurts! I am talking about saving time and you want to start a childish No Fi movement. Which tells me at least you have a sence of humor. Please don't cry when the debate heats up
You lost the debate long ago, and seem to be the only one who can't see it.

Old 07-10-2010, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneinapond View Post
You lost the debate long ago, and seem to be the only one who can't see it.

ed13adema It's clear to all of us that your inducing some kind of battle of wits, and clearly you are unarmed (LOL)

in any case can we get a group hug!!!

Old 07-10-2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by basslik View Post
ed13adema It's clear to all of us that your inducing some kind of battle of wits, and clearly you are unarmed (LOL)

in any case can we get a group hug!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adema

Explains a lot.........
Old 07-10-2010, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darney View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adema

Explains a lot.........
rolllllllaaaaacoasterrrrr

Old 07-10-2010, 08:39 PM

Please share the keyboard shortcut!
Old 07-10-2010, 08:44 PM
Banned

So once again I will ask why not have the Option for a offline Bounce? I bet most that have commented don't even know what that is?

In some cases it will take longer than real time because of the track count and plug ins. But you will always be able to bounce your track. You will never get a please increase your buffer after you sat through 3/4 of the bounce and it stops.

In most cases it will save you hours of bounce time.

If you could take a short cut that saves you 30 min a day when you commute to work wouldn't you do it? Come on!!!
Closed Thread