Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 05-09-2019, 12:32 PM

Default 19.5.0.514 REL Remember bank position broken

Hi,

Thanks for getting us an updated version of Eucon!

A few things that are broken or I don't know how to work yet...

1) Banks used to remember position of where S3 was banked. I relied on that feature and can't get it to work now.

2) db Delay Value doesn't seem to work at all. When you stop touching fader goes back to track name right away.

3) OpenPlug-ins and Pan...

It's fantastic that pans can now open with track selection BUT they stay on screen when going out of pan mode on PTs control. It does go away on S3 though. Work around is to select another track.

Everyone please confirm these issues are happening for you too.

Thanks!

Mac Pro 5,1 OS 10.12.6 Protools 2019.5
Old 05-09-2019, 05:20 PM

Default Re: 19.5.0.514 REL Remember bank position broken

I'm having issues with the pans and sends staying open as well. Also plugins gui won't close from hitting top/back like it used to.

Mac Pro late 2013 3.5GHZ 6 core 64g ram
Mojave 10.14.5
Pro tools 2019.5
Apollo x 16
Apollo 16 mk2
Apollo twin mk2
Avid S3
PT Dock
PT control (iPad)
eucon 2019.5.1
Old 05-10-2019, 06:27 AM

So I've been trying to get around this whole thing and it's been confusing. If I choose insert on s3 from top row of encoders I now have to hit SHIFT and Top/back to close plugin window. Very unnecessary.
The DB delay does not work at all.
To close plugin window as well as clear its parameters on oleds on bottom encoders with the new way of doing things I have to hit input than pan if I want it do go back to my default way of working.
It would be nice if the dock/pro tools app would follow S3 and vice versa when closing parameters.
I know there are always learning curves to new features but so far I feel like things need to be improved upon. I like the direction but I feel like it's half-baked.
If anybody else has suggestions on how to make these new functions more effective please share.

Mac Pro late 2013 3.5GHZ 6 core 64g ram
Mojave 10.14.5
Pro tools 2019.5
Apollo x 16
Apollo 16 mk2
Apollo twin mk2
Avid S3
PT Dock
PT control (iPad)
eucon 2019.5.1
Old 05-10-2019, 08:48 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Hookailo View Post
2) db Delay Value doesn't seem to work at all. When you stop touching fader goes back to track name right away.
I'll get back to you on the other things but this is because of the added functionality. Check the settings for this...it does work like you want but you will have to tweak them
Old 05-10-2019, 08:50 AM

Default Plugins not following up down p; keys anymore

Confirming plug ins don't follow moving up and down tracks with the p and ; keys even if "edit selection move up / down" is selected in Eucon.

Looks like there are very different behaviors happening depending upon Eucon settings but many don't seem intuitive. Maybe I haven't figured them out yet?

IF the settings are just right, the plugins WILL follow the SEL keys on the S3 though.
Rig #1:
Mac Pro 5,1 12 core 3.33ghz 32gigs RAM / OS 10.14.6 / SSDs, NVMe, 2) RAIDS & other drives / Sonnet USB3 Card, ESATA Card / MOTU UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid firewire / HDN PCIe card 192 IO. S3 / Dock / Avid Control Running PTs 2023.6 Eucon 2023.6

Rig#2
Mac Pro 3,1 8gigs RAM / 10.6.8 Pro Tools HD3 192 / 888 Running PTs 8
Old 05-10-2019, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
I'll get back to you on the other things but this is because of the added functionality. Check the settings for this...it does work like you want but you will have to tweak them
Hi Eddie,

I can turn off the fader value (slider all the way left) but the delay doesn't work on this rig anyway.

Thanks!
Rig #1:
Mac Pro 5,1 12 core 3.33ghz 32gigs RAM / OS 10.14.6 / SSDs, NVMe, 2) RAIDS & other drives / Sonnet USB3 Card, ESATA Card / MOTU UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid firewire / HDN PCIe card 192 IO. S3 / Dock / Avid Control Running PTs 2023.6 Eucon 2023.6

Rig#2
Old 05-10-2019, 08:55 AM
Avid

Default Re: Plugins not following up down p; keys anymore

Quote:
Confirming plug ins don't follow moving up and down tracks with the p and ; keys even if "edit selection move up / down" is selected in Eucon.

Looks like there are very different behaviors happening depending upon Eucon settings but many don't seem intuitive. Maybe I haven't figured them out yet?

IF the settings are just right, the plugins WILL follow the SEL keys on the S3 though.
We removed plugin windows opening from mouse and keyboard (PT screen actions) due to overwhelming beta feedback. We do however intend to add a preference in the next release to allow this.
Old 05-10-2019, 08:57 AM
Avid

Quote:
Hi Eddie,

I can turn off the fader value (slider all the way left) but the delay doesn't work on this rig anyway.

Thanks!
Have you tried unchecking the Times Fader Values pref ?
Old 05-10-2019, 09:22 AM
Avid

Quote:
I'm sorry I was wrong. The momentary time is used when holding the fader. So if you hold the fader, it shows the DB...and then after the set amount of delay it returns to the name. This was requested so you could see what track you were mixing after a holding the faders for a while. Setting to off won't revert to the name and keep DB whilst holding. I think we should add a pref to keep the delay going after you release the fader (I think that's what you are asking for)
Old 05-10-2019, 09:32 AM

Quote:
I'm sorry I was wrong. The momentary time is used when holding the fader. So if you hold the fader, it shows the DB...and then after the set amount of delay it returns to the name. This was requested so you could see what track you were mixing after a holding the faders for a while. Setting to off won't revert to the name and keep DB whilst holding. I think we should add a pref to keep the delay going after you release the fader (I think that's what you are asking for)
Got it! Right, I was actually hoping for a toggle on the desk to be able to switch between the track name or db value like on the c24. Indeed it works just as you say.

Thanks!
Rig #1:

Rig#2