Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 04-26-2000, 07:59 AM

Default Can I order Protools 5.0LE for Windows 98 after purchasing a Macintosh Digi001

Dear Digidesign,
I've been told by dealers that we CAN purchase a mac version of the 001 and get digidesign to send out a PC version of the software via mail.

Is this so? How do we (ie where do we click) get ourselves on the `list'... if there is one. Would the shipping of the software be as quick as the shipping of promo videos was?

From what I've seen, I'm not the only one with this situation... if digidesign could possibly help out by providing some answers to these questions... anyhow

Billy
Old 04-26-2000, 08:52 AM

Default Re: Can I order Protools 5.0LE for Windows 98 after purchasing a Macintosh Digi001

I had this confirmed by someone from Digi a few months ago on this newsgroup. Can't recall what the exact process is but they said that you would be able to change between platforms at no cost - they'll just send you the software on request.

Cheers,

Mike
Old 04-26-2000, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Can I order Protools 5.0LE for Windows 98 after purchasing a Macintosh Digi001

why on earth would you do such a thing? using windows leaves me feeling dirty.

------------------
www.mp3.com/xtac
Old 04-27-2000, 12:58 AM

What I was told, and what I did, was buy the Mac version (the hardware is the same for Mac and PC) and send in the registration card as a Win98 user. We will either be sent the software for Win98, or we can download it when it's released. That part is up in the air. I was told when I registered, it would be sent. But if I can download it, I'm all for that. But, for now, the hardware sits in my closet.

"The waiting is the hardest part..."

Heath
Old 04-28-2000, 02:48 AM

thanks for your comments,

well its too late, ive gone and got the digi001 (Finally)..

our dealer said you just fill out the registration form etc and send it.. we're going to give Digidesign here in Australia a call about it.. so hopefully we don't have to wait too long..

it's working out good.. rather than buying mics and a computer and stands and everything else.. by getting a huge loan.. we've been saving our money and paying for it upfront.. so in a way... all this waiting has helped us.. anyhow..

one of the sheets we got with it says `the cd contains a demo track, demo of d-vert and *other* plugins.. ' can anyone be a bit more specific?

thanks for your help, Mike & Heath...

Heath, what kind of setup are you using? (email me at [email protected] if you can)..

The future is lookin mighty good - with digidesign of course =)

Thanks
Bill