Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2017, 11:27 AM

Default ASIO Pro Tools First Hardware

I have been trying to save the proper settings to have my interface correspond Pro Tools First. Every time change its settings and re-open PTF, the hardware settings get reset to default no matter what buffer size or sample rate I set it too.

Is there something im missing?
Old 02-28-2017, 12:26 PM

Default Re: ASIO Pro Tools First Hardware

Hello and welcome to the forum.

As a first step, it's always good to read the Help Us Help You thread, where you will find information on system setup, optimization and troubleshooting.

As for your problem, make sure your Focusrite interface is not being used as the default audio interface. If it is, Windows will set your interface to its default sample rate, and when you launch PTF, it will most likely not match and will want you to choose another.

As for setting up PTF, you will do that in the Playback settings. You should be able to log into your Avid Master Account and read through the Introduction to Pro Tools First document for instructions.

System Details