Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2017, 02:37 PM

Default Re-install PT 12?

Hi all. I purchased PT 12 with Eleven Rack in 2015. I never really got it set up the way I want and haven't used it a whole lot. I'm a novice. It's on my MacBook Pro which has been running OS 10.1.
Apple's repair department told me today that they need to do a complete reinstall of my system, which means returning it to brand new condition except it will be updated to OS 10.5.5.
Pro Tools is going to get wiped off. Will I be able to reinstall it afterward? I still have my original Avid ID and iLok ID.
I don't really understand the licensing and subscription stuff--maybe it has expired, I don't know. Maybe I can only install it once? Sorry if these are dumb questions. As I said I'm a novice. Thanks.
Old 02-25-2017, 02:52 PM

Default Re: Re-install PT 12?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maubin1 View Post
Hi all. I purchased PT 12 with Eleven Rack in 2015. I never really got it set up the way I want and haven't used it a whole lot. I'm a novice. It's on my MacBook Pro which has been running OS 10.1.
Apple's repair department told me today that they need to do a complete reinstall of my system, which means returning it to brand new condition except it will be updated to OS 10.5.5.
Pro Tools is going to get wiped off. Will I be able to reinstall it afterward? I still have my original Avid ID and iLok ID.
I don't really understand the licensing and subscription stuff--maybe it has expired, I don't know. Maybe I can only install it once? Sorry if these are dumb questions. As I said I'm a novice. Thanks.
go to your Avid.com account page - and see what version of software is available to you ..

come back and let us know what is there before you do anything else ..

also: can you be sure the version of your OS is correct ?? 10.1 ?? 10.5.5 seems pretty old at this time

which Macbook Pro do you have ?? here is a pic of mine !!! this will help us help you ..

and quote me when you come back so i will get an email and know you replied

AND PLEASE do not post your SERIAL Number which is on this PAGE !!!!!

cheers john
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2017-02-25 at 2.50.44 PM.jpg (22.8 KB, 0 views)

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 03-04-2017, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1192 View Post
go to your Avid.com account page - and see what version of software is available to you ..

come back and let us know what is there before you do anything else ..

also: can you be sure the version of your OS is correct ?? 10.1 ?? 10.5.5 seems pretty old at this time

which Macbook Pro do you have ?? here is a pic of mine !!! this will help us help you ..

and quote me when you come back so i will get an email and know you replied

AND PLEASE do not post your SERIAL Number which is on this PAGE !!!!!

cheers john
Thanks for the assistance John. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I just got the Macbook back today from Apple. I wanted to make sure I gave you the up to date information on it. See attached photo.

I logged into my Avid account and I see three things under "my products":
I have something called a Perpetual Product with a system ID number.
And it shows that my Annual Upgrade Plan and my Standard Support are both expired. That's all there is.

So my Macbook is essentially brand new at this point because Apple did a full reinstall. ProTools is gone. I just want to know if I can download my ProTools software again. If not, I guess it's my own fault because I barely ever used it and I let everything expire.

Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

Michael
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mac Book.jpg (66.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-05-2017, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maubin1 View Post
Thanks for the assistance John. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I just got the Macbook back today from Apple. I wanted to make sure I gave you the up to date information on it. See attached photo.

I logged into my Avid account and I see three things under "my products":
I have something called a Perpetual Product with a system ID number.
And it shows that my Annual Upgrade Plan and my Standard Support are both expired. That's all there is.

So my Macbook is essentially brand new at this point because Apple did a full reinstall. ProTools is gone. I just want to know if I can download my ProTools software again. If not, I guess it's my own fault because I barely ever used it and I let everything expire.

Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

Michael
You can download your PT s/w as many times as you want. What you should do is when you do get it downloaded is to save it off to someplace safe so if you need to reinstall you have it at hand. And by safe I mean a drive that is not part of the computer (like the system drive). You really should have at least one external drive for PT to record to and a second one that you can make a clone of your system to so if you need to wipe your system clean or you have issues then you can pull stuff off the clone as needs be.

QAPLA!