Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI

Old 09-02-2003, 09:16 PM

Default midi sound diver and channel/ device setup for xp?

I have a windows xp based digi002 LE 5.3.2 system and I am trying to setup the midi instrument/channel list. so far I can only setup midi on channel one or two, and just patch the volume output of the individual midi module into my patchbay and routed to the audio input on the digi 002 and just selecting the patch sound from the front panel of my synth. I want to be able to just select my device,channel,bank, and patch inside of LE. I know mac has oms preferences and instrument lists but I cannot find it in XP. I'm getting tired of having to rec. down the tracks and have to re-rec. them later because they no longer go with the song and I can only use one midi instrument at a time. Someone please help. The midi in protools is setup like no other midi sequencer and it's driving me nuts. kitana_one@excite.com
Old 09-07-2003, 08:27 PM

Default Re: midi sound diver and channel/ device setup for xp?

anybody??? please???
Old 09-08-2003, 05:25 PM

Default Re: midi sound diver and channel/ device setup for xp?

You need to open the patch select window and choose your sound from there (it's the "P" on a midi track in the mix window). You also need to assign MSB and LSB (bank select) numbers for each sound from the patch select window. Your description suggests you've figured that out. There is no oms preferences and instrument lists in XP at all. Everything is done from the midi strip, that is selecting the channel, bank, and patch, but no devices. If you can only use one midi instrument at a time, that would suggest you're keyboard isn't multi-timbral (capable of making many different sounds at the same time).

Check page 302 of the manual for more on bank selection.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-09-2003, 06:13 PM

Default Re: midi sound diver and channel/ device setup for

Yeah,..I had already figured that much out,... thanx for trying to help. I actually have several synths so that's where the complication comes in. I recieved a reply from digi. tech. supp. today and they said the "sound diver type" function is not available for xp just yet. I was hoping for name, bank, and patch name selection, but that will be included in future versions of P.T.LE. Hope this answers some other peoples questions tho. It's also amazing that this is the first time I've ever experienced getting something on mac before pc. I guess it's a new experience to me. it is frustrating tho. --Thanx again for your help.