Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Third Party Interfaces
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2013, 03:11 PM

Default 'ASIO Device has changed properties' is back with avengeance.

Great, just when I thought we'd seen the last of this stupid glitch..

Focusrite Liquid 56, Saffire Mix Control 3.1b2. Anybody else have this issue?

PC: Windows 7 64-Bit, ASRock Extreme 4 x79 Mobo, Intel Core i7-3820K @3.6Ghz, Kingston HyperX 16GB Ram, OCZ Vertex 3 64GB SSD, WD Caviar Green 2TB HDD, GeForce 560Ti GPU, SIIG TI Firewire Card, PT Keyboard.
O/B: Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56, Focusrite Liquid Mix 32, Alesis D4 Drum Module, Alesis MIDIVerb4, M-Audio Axiom 49 v2, M-Audio BX8a's, Audix DP7
Old 07-08-2013, 07:43 PM

Default Re: 'ASIO Device has changed properties' is back with avengeance.

Please keep us posted on this one. I use an ASIO interface and am far, far too familiar with the ASIO properties dialog. I am seeing much less of it in 10.3.5 than I did in PT9, and I don't want to see it return.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:00 AM

HI.
Download the latest version 3.2. I havn't had this problem for a long time.
Do you have any other equipment connected, like USB devices (except Ilok). Unplugg as much as you can and then try to see if you can get it stable. You can then connect a unit at a time to try to see what fails.

In my case it was usb hub causing problems.
I'm on a Pc as well.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:24 AM

I know exactly what the problem is, when Pro Tools 'Grabs' the device it changes it's sample rate to 44.1Khz, then back to the sessions Sample Rate. It's not my USB or anything, it runs from it's own dedicated Firewire PCI card.

Unfortunately it sees this as the device changing properties, and seems to be forgetting that IT's changing the sample rate itself. The only fix (for me, currently), is to exit Pro Tools, change the sample rate to the session format (which I do anyway), then when I open Pro Tools, create a NEW session with the matching sample rate then switch to my project. Real pain in the ass quite frankly, and I have to remember to delete the redundant sessions when I'm done.

I'll check the latest beta build of Saffire Mix Control and see if it's solved yet, it appears to also be happening in Pro Tools 10.3.6 which is just pure strange.

PC: Windows 7 64-Bit, ASRock Extreme 4 x79 Mobo, Intel Core i7-3820K @3.6Ghz, Kingston HyperX 16GB Ram, OCZ Vertex 3 64GB SSD, WD Caviar Green 2TB HDD, GeForce 560Ti GPU, SIIG TI Firewire Card, PT Keyboard.
O/B: Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56, Focusrite Liquid Mix 32, Alesis D4 Drum Module, Alesis MIDIVerb4, M-Audio Axiom 49 v2, M-Audio BX8a's, Audix DP7
Old 07-09-2013, 10:16 AM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
I'll check the latest beta build of Saffire Mix Control and see if it's solved yet, it appears to also be happening in Pro Tools 10.3.6 which is just pure strange.
I don't see what version of Pro Tools 11 you are on. Did you update to v11.0.1?
Old 07-18-2013, 01:50 AM

Sorry Bruce, yes I am using 11.0.1!

I've switched to the latest Beta version of Saffire Mix Control and the issue with sample rate changes between sessions is still present. I don't fully understand why Pro Tools is unable to set the sample-rate of the device itself when all other DAW's are able to do so, without me needing to exit Pro Tools altogether and change it manually per-session?

Old 07-31-2013, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJamsh View Post
Sorry Bruce, yes I am using 11.0.1!

I've switched to the latest Beta version of Saffire Mix Control and the issue with sample rate changes between sessions is still present. I don't fully understand why Pro Tools is unable to set the sample-rate of the device itself when all other DAW's are able to do so, without me needing to exit Pro Tools altogether and change it manually per-session?
I'm having this exact same problem....

I7, PT10.3.6/ PT11.0.0, Saffire pro 40, TI chipset.

Comp specs- http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/rec...-computer.html

I sware it's PT and Mixcontrol. I pay for the things, that make it impossible for me to work.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:41 PM

i get this issue also using the saffire 24 pro DSP since upgrading to pt11 I have not been able to run it so im still in pt 10 hope there is a fix soon hard see pissing away $300 upgrade. if i ignore the error and switch to asiofall driver session will play but no audio
Old 09-12-2013, 04:18 AM

Have you tried disabling the onboard audio?
I have never had this issue using a DSP24 and a LS56 with 10 or 11.
Maybe PT set the rate to the wrong devices sample rate, so if the is only one device...
Old 09-29-2013, 01:06 PM

Anyone ever find a fix for this?