Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 07-21-2009, 08:23 AM

Default What do you do when you lose your Protools software

My wife and I moved a year and a half ago and Ive lost my software and since then my computer was serviced (reboot), what should or can I do do get another copy? It was Protools le 6.4 so I dont know what I can do. Any ideas?
Old 07-21-2009, 08:42 AM

Default Re: What do you do when you lose your Protools software

Did you lose everything? The authorization code, manuals and everything?

Which Digidesign hardware are you using?

If you still have the Authorization code, you can purchase a replacement CD at the online Digistore.

There are also several upgrades available there, including 6.4.1 for the 001, and higher for other interfaces (again, you didn't mention which hardware you were using).

Depending on what hardware you are using, and your computer compatibility (be VERY SURE you check it), you may want to consider purchasing one of the newer versions.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 07-21-2009, 09:05 AM

Yeah, depending on your hardware, I would upgrade to at least 7. I still have a copy of 7.3 that I might sell, although I'm not sure if I can do that.

But it all depends on your hardware. if you have <1gig of ram, and an old P4, then maybe PT6 is your best bet. So you never registered online? If you haven't, but you have your auth code, just register it on digidesign.com and you should be able to download straight from them.

Meanwhile, if you want a good program to work with, check out Reaper. You can try it out free for 30 days, then they expect you to pay (but don't really enforce it). It a little different than PT, but you can look up tutorials and whatnots on google.

Maybe call digi support if you bought it from them and have the credit card you bought it with... I have no idea, but good luck finding it!

Jimmy C
Old 07-21-2009, 09:52 AM

I cant find my codes either. If theres a code in the manual I may know where that is. I have the mbox 001 and a dell dimention 2400 computer. I had a whole bunch of stuff like that in a box that I cant find now. Luckily, I guess, I did find my mbox and Ilock.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshcopeland View Post
I cant find my codes either. If theres a code in the manual I may know where that is.
Good! The auth code for 6.x versions is on the inside cover of the Getting Started Guide. If you can find that, you're good to go.

If you've got the auth code, you can download the software here.

Also, make sure you follow the installation instructions in that Getting started guide very carefully; it's important.
Quote:
I have the mbox 001
I'm confused; which is it? They are two separate products, the MBox and the 001.

The original MBox is a little blue USB device.
The 001 is a rack unit and PCI card.

Quote:
and a dell dimention 2400 computer.
I'm guessing this is the 2400 that comes with the Pentium 4 and not the Celeron? You wouldn't get very far with ANY version of Pro Tools with a Celeron processor.
You may be able to purchase and run Pro Tools 8 on it, depending on it's detailed specifications.
Quote:
Luckily, I guess, I did find my mbox and Ilock.
Yes, it's very lucky that you didn't lose those, especially the iLok.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 07-22-2009, 07:27 AM

If you have an Mbox, I would buy the PT8 upgrade. As it is the full install, you don't need any older version and you would register and receive a new code.

The better I drink...the more I mix.....

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave