Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2000, 06:42 AM

Default Keeping your Computer Cool

Anyone! I Have a Blue & White G3 400Mhz with two 36gig cheetahs internal(Pro Tools Drives) & the stock internal Mac Hard Disk.When Doing Pro Tools Sessions it gets pretty Warm in the computer. I've added Two Large Fans and a CPU Cooling Fan but its still pretty warm.I was wondering if Anyone Knew what the Maximum internal temperature your computer should be and any additional ways to Keep it Cool. The Internal 36gig drives are for ease of Mobility
and I Don't really want to externally mount them. Thanks to all who Respond!
Old 01-20-2000, 04:19 PM

Default Re: Keeping your Computer Cool

the best way to keep your b&w g3 cool is to put cool flame stickers on the side seriuosly, you should keep your computer as cool as possible and the extra fans sound like a good idea, except they may end up sucking excess dirt into your machine. consider the following mod: apply an air filter to the fan itself and reverse its orientation so instead of sucking dirty air through your machine it is blowing clean air in. the hd's won't care because they are most likely sealed but other parts of the computer are best left clean. hope you get it figured out.