Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)

Old 07-25-2006, 11:34 AM

Default M-Powered 7 Academic Version ?\'s running intel MAC

Hello, I recently purchased the academic bundle with the firewire 410 audio interface with m-powered protools. I am waiting for it to arrive in a couple of days but my question is if I’m running a Intel MAC with OS 10.7 will it load up and work fine? Or will I need to download updates? I see that they have m-powered 7.1.1.....do I need that and if so is it free off of the site?
Thank You!
Old 07-25-2006, 11:49 AM
Administrator

Default Re: M-Powered 7 Academic Version ?\'s running intel MAC

Pro Tools M-Powered Academic requires a PPC-based Mac or Windows XP computer.
From the Pro Tools M-Powered Academic 7.1.1 compatibility page:
http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...4&itemid=23225
Quote:
System Software - Mac OS X
  • Pro Tools M-Powered Academic 7.1.1 is officially supported on Mac OS X 10.4.6 (Tiger) for PPC-based Macs
    Testing is in progress with Mac OS X 10.4.7 (PPC). Although there are currently no known issues with Pro Tools and Mac OS X 10.4.7, it has not been officially qualified by Digidesign.
  • Pro Tools M-Powered Academic 7.1.1 will NOT work on an Intel-based Macs
    A version of Pro Tools M-Powered Academic that is compatible with Intel-based Macs is expected in Q4 2006
  • All versions of Pro Tools 7 are incompatible with Mac OS X 10.3.9 (Panther) and earlier
Old 07-25-2006, 12:02 PM

So what does that mean i can't run this software? ever?
Old 07-25-2006, 12:02 PM

So what does that mean i can't run this software? ever?
Old 07-25-2006, 12:12 PM

I got windows XP home edition with service pack 2 on my intel mac via bootcamp will it work with it then? also it says that they are working on running m-powered with intel mac in the 4Q of 2006 so thats gotta be soon correct?

Thank you
Old 07-25-2006, 12:58 PM
Avid

A version of Pro Tools M-Powered Academic that is compatible with Intel-based Macs is expected in Q4 2006, meaning some time between October 1st and December 31st of this year.

Using it on your Mac with WinXP under Bootcamp *may* work, but it is not tested or supported.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:36 AM

I bought my Academic version in May. Do the new academic features/restrictions apply to me too or is it just for people that bought it since the announcement?
Old 08-15-2006, 04:28 PM

Default Re: M-Powered 7 Academic Version ?\'s running intel

woah, hold on... when did all this happen?

i've been using ptmp 7.1.1 academic intel since i bought my macbook in june, it runs just fine. so, what's going on here?

as a part-time pt user (and full time logic user) the idea of getting digitranslator for free is certainly appealing, but how come no-one told me of all these changes?

does this only apply to academic purchasers who bought the software after the annoucement? how do you diffrentiate that? as far as i'm aware my ilok is registered for "pro tools mpowered academic" but i'm running the regualar version of mpowered...

methinks some further explaination is required digi...

and before you ask, yes i'm a student, no i don't use pt for profit...
Old 08-22-2006, 04:15 AM

Quote:
A version of Pro Tools M-Powered Academic that is compatible with Intel-based Macs is expected in Q4 2006, meaning some time between October 1st and December 31st of this year.
I'd also like to know what's going on here. I've been using the academic version of PTMP since it came out for intelmac's. Never a problem, but am very worried here. What's the deal digi? Explain.
Old 08-22-2006, 07:24 AM

As someone who is about to purchase M-Powered 7 Academic, I am wondering if the upgrade to the version for Intel Macs (whenever it becomes available) will be available as a free upgrade. I'm using a non-Intel now, but I may be moving to Intel based in the next year. I'd hate to invest a couple hundred dollars in software now if I won't be able to upgrade free (or very cheaply) when and if I upgrade my Mac.