Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Old 09-20-2003, 02:00 AM

Default Renaissance channel vs Channel Strip

First mix in PT6 and no Sony yet in my OSX config, so I decided to use the Renaissance plugs instead and notably the "Renaissance Channel" I got when upgrading Waves V4
Frankly I have been blown away by the sound of it : better to my ears than MHL Channel Strip.
For those of you who haven't seen it, it is a sort of combo between Ren EQ (only four band unfortunately) and Ren Comp/ RenVox. Also you can use both expander and compressor at the same time (can't do that on RenComp).
Frankly I like the concept because it means less going in and out of the TDM bus, less time slots, and the expander for once is excellent. Very silky sounding.

I would love to hear other opinions on this, notably from advocates of Channel Strip.

Mark Haliday
Mac Pro 2013 & Chassis
Old 09-20-2003, 05:18 AM

Default Re: Renaissance channel vs Channel Strip

I too found my channel strip sitting idle quite a bit once I got the Waves Ren comp and EQ. Most of the time I like the sound of the RenComp better. But I thought the channel strip EQ was a little more dynamic. However the fact that I got the GM EQ and MH has been slow to upgrade CS for OSX has given me time to learn to love the other options. GM EQ is my first choice over Sony Oxford Ren EQ and CS. I use the others just for a little sonic variation when needed.

Steve
1-603-867-6843