Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2006, 06:04 PM

Default Re: Anyone Using the new M-Audio Project Mix I/O ?

oh yeah, www.musiciansfriend.com also removed this product from their site/inventory.. it's nowhere to be found, which is weird because it was selling like wildfire.. as i remember, it was always sold out, so i dont know why they would just discontinue it.. maybe theres a new model coming out soon like somebody else said.. but this thing is brand new!! anybody have any ideas why this may be?
Old 01-18-2006, 06:04 PM

Default Re: Anyone Using the new M-Audio Project Mix I/O ? *DELETED*

Post deleted by burtonstudio
Old 01-18-2006, 06:08 PM

Hi...........newbie here. I just found myself a smokin deal on the Project mix and ordered one along with Pro Tools.I'm strictly a Cubase SX3 veteran but wanted to expand my studio for the longest time and add Pro Tools.........well today I did. Check out this deal:

http://www.realtimeproaudio.com/prod...roducts_id/439
Old 01-18-2006, 07:27 PM

Soliddd, thanks for posting that!! samedaymusic.com had an 899 deal a while back, but not anymore. thanks again, I think I'll be ordering from that site soon.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:13 PM

You better hurry up.I asked Sweetwater if they would match that price and they said no and all their new stock is priced hundreds higher due to M-audio's major price increase.According to them once all the dealer's old stock are gone then the new higher prices will take effect so ya better hurry............that's why I did.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:53 PM

Quote:
There are no effects sends/returns or anything like that (on the rear in pictures i've looked at anyway) for example, if i wanted to add a sonic maximizer or aural exciter to the first 4 channels.. without running through a mixer first, how would i go about doing this through the interface?
You connect external gear via any of the hardware, ADAT/Lightpipe or S/PDIF, I/O's.
They are then selectable inside Pro Tools via Audio and Aux track Inserts and Buses.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:12 PM

dang.. what do you mean by "hurry" exactly.. like a month.. or a day?
Old 01-18-2006, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Quote:
There are no effects sends/returns or anything like that (on the rear in pictures i've looked at anyway) for example, if i wanted to add a sonic maximizer or aural exciter to the first 4 channels.. without running through a mixer first, how would i go about doing this through the interface?
You connect external gear via any of the hardware, ADAT/Lightpipe or S/PDIF I/O's.
They are then selectable inside Pro Tools via Audio and Aux track Inserts and Buses.
yes.. I understand that part, but the effects I'm looking at (BBE Sonic Maximizer, Aphex Aural Exciter) are just standard 2 channel rackmount effects with xlr i/o and 1/4" i/o, neither of which are supported by the M-Audio Project Mix for effects sends/returns. So how can I send THESE effects to the interface and possibly digitally route them to each channel as desired..? They don't have ADAT/Lightpipe or S/PDIF i/o, and running the effects right through the hardware is limiting and inconvenient... Some kinda adapters or something perhaps?

ps, I'm pretty sure the M-Aduio Octane (Lightpipe / 8 channel expansion / preamp) doesn't have effects sends/returns either, so that doesn't seem like a possibility.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:33 PM

[QUOTE]
[QUOTE]
Quote:
Some kinda adapters or something perhaps?

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GPR104/
Old 01-18-2006, 09:34 PM

Quote:
dang.. what do you mean by "hurry" exactly.. like a month.. or a day?

At the $899 price how long do YOU think they'll last??? I jumped on it!