Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2015, 11:12 AM

Default Pro tools 12 - Still nothing in my avid account

Edited,

It seems we need to wait.

Cheers to all

Regards,

Dialog Editor, Sound Designer, Re-Recording mixer

nMacPro 6Core/D500/512GB/64Gb ram | PT HD 12 HDN Thunderbolt | HD OMNI | Avid Artist Mix | Novation Impulse 25 | Waves Mercury Native | Audioease All In Bundle | SoundToys | McDSP Classic Pack | DUY Overpack | Arturia Beatstep Pro

Last edited by Marco Bernardo; 04-05-2015 at 03:46 PM.
Old 03-29-2015, 11:23 AM

Default Re: Pro tools 12 - Still nothing in my avid account

From Pro Tools Expert:

Following our troubles with authorising the Pro Tools 12 subscription license the team at iLok reached out to us and through their systems were able to explain the problems with the license not being seen initially by Pro Tools 12, as a combination of some extremely rare USB errors, which because they were so rare, threw up some cryptic error messages and the known problem that iLok are having with some Apple USB 3 ports, which we have reported in the past.

They were able to ‘replay’ our experiences and have also checked through their logs and found that 9 other Pro Tools 12 users had a similar issue.

As a result of our experiences, the team at iLok are now working on some tweaks to their system to try and make sure that this extremely rare problem, where the system appears to show that the license is on the iLok when it isn’t, as well as the unclear error messages messages are resolved.

They expect that the fixes for these issues will be in place within the next few days. In the meantime if you experience a situation where an iLok license appears to be on the iLok but the software or plug-in doesn’t see it, then the advice from iLok is to put the license back into your account and try again. From their logs they have seen that this has been a successful solution to the incredibly small number of users, that have experienced this issue.

http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home...eid=3e3944387c
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.
Old 03-29-2015, 11:27 AM

I had mine in my account for a short time, but it has disappeared again.

I was going to install it on my 2nd machine to test it, too. Frustrating.
Old 03-29-2015, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Park Seward View Post
From Pro Tools Expert:

Following our troubles with authorising the Pro Tools 12 subscription license the team at iLok reached out to us and through their systems were able to explain the problems with the license not being seen initially by Pro Tools 12, as a combination of some extremely rare USB errors, which because they were so rare, threw up some cryptic error messages and the known problem that iLok are having with some Apple USB 3 ports, which we have reported in the past.

They were able to ‘replay’ our experiences and have also checked through their logs and found that 9 other Pro Tools 12 users had a similar issue.

As a result of our experiences, the team at iLok are now working on some tweaks to their system to try and make sure that this extremely rare problem, where the system appears to show that the license is on the iLok when it isn’t, as well as the unclear error messages messages are resolved.

They expect that the fixes for these issues will be in place within the next few days. In the meantime if you experience a situation where an iLok license appears to be on the iLok but the software or plug-in doesn’t see it, then the advice from iLok is to put the license back into your account and try again. From their logs they have seen that this has been a successful solution to the incredibly small number of users, that have experienced this issue.

http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home...eid=3e3944387c
Sorry Park, I did not understand your post. What this have to do with my problem? I just didn't receive yet any Pro tools 12 upgrades licenses in my Avid account. That's all!

About the USB 3.0 problems, I use Anker HUB USB 3.0 and never had problems it uses the VIA VL812-B2 Chipset, it runs flawless with all Mac Pro 2013.

But thanks for the info.
Regards,

nMacPro 6Core/D500/512GB/64Gb ram | PT HD 12 HDN Thunderbolt | HD OMNI | Avid Artist Mix | Novation Impulse 25 | Waves Mercury Native | Audioease All In Bundle | SoundToys | McDSP Classic Pack | DUY Overpack | Arturia Beatstep Pro
Old 03-29-2015, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Bernardo View Post
Sorry Park, I did not understand your post. What this have to do with my problem? I just didn't receive yet any Pro tools 12 upgrades licenses in my Avid account. That's all!

But thanks for the info.
Regards,
You said, "I still not receive any upgrade licenses in my avid account." The comment from my link said, "the problems with the license not being seen initially by Pro Tools 12".

Not received and not seen may be the same thing.

Sorry if it was not helpful. No charge.
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.
Old 03-29-2015, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Park Seward View Post
You said, "I still not receive any upgrade licenses in my avid account." The comment from my link said, "the problems with the license not being seen initially by Pro Tools 12".

Not received and not seen may be the same thing.

Sorry if it was not helpful. No charge.
EHEHhe please don't be offend in any kind, it was not my intention.

For what I understand the "problem" that PTE had was that the license was already in the ilok and not in the iLok account, it seems at the first launch of PT12 it needs internet connection to activate the license in the iLok usb.

But again, I don't have any license on my Avid and ilok account, I still don't understand what your post help me. But never mind. I know those issues for a long time, about USB 3 and new Mac's.

Any admin or moderator can help me?

Thank you

Kinda of regards

Old 03-29-2015, 01:33 PM

PITTY The SUPPORT Plan payed
👿
I7 950
RAM 24Gb corsair 1600 (3 sticks)
9-9-9-24
MAC
MacBookPro i7 2,3 15"
RAM 16gb
PT 11.3
003 Rack
MBox 3 Pro
Old 04-05-2015, 03:46 PM

Still nothing in my account, waiting and waiting and waiting :)

Old 04-05-2015, 06:01 PM

Have you guys checked under "files not yet downloaded"? Different from where all the 10 and 11 files appear under your support plan.
Old 04-05-2015, 07:09 PM

thanks bashville just tried what you said within minutes 12 in ilok account and avid account I did the 9 to 11 for 200 hun in dec kinda nice