Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2007, 04:52 PM

Default Structure Import

I find that the sounds I've imported so fare SAmpleCell and Contact are sounding miles away from the original patch/Instrument...

I hope structure will come with some nice libs as the import feature to me is useless. I dont wanna have to spend time with adsr curves to get it to sound like the original...

The effects sounds nice but not as nice as RTAS/TDM Plugs...

I dont really think that Structure is an appropriate name as it (IMO) lacks Structure. I would think that a company that made sample cell and have to deal with a mega sampler like contact would come out with something real original and intuitive that JUST works. I am very sad to experience that for structure is adding absolutely nothing to what SampleTank, EXS, Kontakt already have and master...

Aside from the FX i think that structure is a disappointment...

But good luck with it anyway…
Old 03-19-2007, 05:13 PM

Default Re: Structure Import

i think the final will be much more legit, (obviously less bugs all around etc...), But I do see what your saying... You'd think that a company that already makes several samplers, (all the AIR's except hybrid are samplers)... WOuld be able to come out with one, (even at this beta stage) that was a little further along than structure seems to be.... With that said, I'm sure the final product will be great, and I am very much looking forward to it.

The Note Music
www.myspace.com/thenotemusic
Dual 2.0Ghz PPC 3gb Ram, Digi 002R
Old 03-20-2007, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Structure Import

I think this is a little unfair. In terms of flexibility and complexity Kontakt 2 is hard to beat. However in terms of stability on mac os x, performance and EXS import quality there is still a lot room for improvement.

I find the basic engine of structure to perform pretty well, actually. I don´t think this is easily accomplished. I hope digi will continue to make an effort to make structure REALLY good. The public beta program is a smart move IMHO.

Keep up the good work!
Toby