Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 05-12-2018, 10:29 AM

Default Is Apogee One compatible with Pro Tools First?

I'm thinking of using Pro Tools First, but I need to make sure it works with my Apogee One before I even get started. Anyone know?

Thanks,

Annie
Old 05-12-2018, 11:24 AM

Default Re: Is Apogee One compatible with Pro Tools First?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiho322 View Post
I'm thinking of using Pro Tools First, but I need to make sure it works with my Apogee One before I even get started. Anyone know?

Thanks,

Annie
Your Apogee One supports CoreAudio and ASIO so it's supposedly compatible with all Pro Tools software. If you already have the interface you can just try it... you can download and use Pro Tools First for free. First is relatively limited compared to full versions of Pro Tools. If you are planning on doing serious work of need to collaborate with other Pro Tools users, round trip stuff though a studio, etc. it may not be the best choice. Lots of information and Pro Tools product comparisons on avid.com.

Interface hardware does not cause the many issues with Pro Tools software, the thing to be most careful about about is Pro Tools - OS and interface driver - OS version compatibility/requirements.
Old 05-13-2018, 09:16 AM

Default Re: Is Apogee One compatible with Pro Tools First?

Darryl, thank you so much for your reply. I've always sworn by Pro Tools, but since I don't ever do masters or even big music sessions - and especially because the price of Pro Tools has continued to go up and up over the years - I've been looking for a solution for my small songwriting worktapes (usually guitar/vocal) and especially, my voiceover auditions (one or two tracks, no bells and whistles). I also can't upgrade past El Capitan without losing PT compatibility - it simply won't support the version I now have. So it sounds like PT First may be the way to go. Thanks again.