Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2018, 12:46 PM

Default Re: HD Native card not recognized- ran many tests

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutee Sangsareechon View Post
That's so stupid thing that Professional Audio System got the problem like this.

Now I'm on Maverick Macpro 5,1 Pcie native card with HD Omni
I tested on Sierra, and got same problem HD Driver didn't recognize HD card.
I tried many way, I got the result. let's try
After Installed PT 2008.1, I go to Extension Folder on System/Library and /Library Find the "Digidal.kext" and Delete it. restart and install HD driver of 12.8.3. after next restart you should see HD card.

but I tried the same on High Sierra, no Any HD Driver working on PCIe HD Native card. Damn.
Hey thanks- the card was recognized! The only thing is now in the Playback Engine window, the Native HD selector is grayed out, saying the "Digilink I/O license is missing". Since my client purchased this card on Ebay, I am not sure how he will be able to resolve this, since it was not sold with an iLok2 or interface- just the card itself. He has his own interface (Burl Mothership) that will hopefully show up once this problem is resolved. Please let me know if anything comes to mind, and thanks again!
PT 10.3.11/ 12.5.2
003 Rack
OSX 10.8.5
ProToolsConsultant.com
Old 02-20-2018, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by js_nyc View Post
Hey thanks- the card was recognized! The only thing is now in the Playback Engine window, the Native HD selector is grayed out, saying the "Digilink I/O license is missing". Since my client purchased this card on Ebay, I am not sure how he will be able to resolve this, since it was not sold with an iLok2 or interface- just the card itself. He has his own interface (Burl Mothership) that will hopefully show up once this problem is resolved. Please let me know if anything comes to mind, and thanks again!
he will need to buy the digilink license. To test the drivers, launch iTunes and select the HDN it should play even without the digilink license as mine did.

www.sugarhillstudios713.com
Old 02-20-2018, 02:33 PM

Indeed^^^ As long as he has an HD license, the digilink license is $299(not a subscription). Or use Pro Tools HD 12.4(or previous) which doesn't require the separate iLok asset

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 02-20-2018, 03:15 PM

I thought it was 12.6 and newer that required a digilink asset?
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.