Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2011, 12:52 PM

Default Random Pops of White noise in pro tools 9

I have had this problem for the longest and I can't seem to find a solution anywhere.
I get these random spurts and pops of very high, almost digital sounds/ white noise on tracks in protools 9 even when nothing is playing and when tracks are playing as well.
Does anyone know what this is and how to fix it?
Old 12-28-2011, 01:11 PM

Default Re: Random Pops of White noise in pro tools 9

how many tracks/effects you got goin on?

whats your latency look like?

-Sin
Old 12-29-2011, 06:40 PM

Default Re: Random Pops of White noise in pro tools 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiviMusic View Post
I have had this problem for the longest and I can't seem to find a solution anywhere.
I get these random spurts and pops of very high, almost digital sounds/ white noise on tracks in protools 9 even when nothing is playing and when tracks are playing as well.
Does anyone know what this is and how to fix it?
Verify that your clock is correctly set which is reason you get pops and clicks, but for random white noise confirm that you dont have a demo plug in on a track. Often manufacturers will give you plug in demos that burst white even when nothing is playing until they are authorized.

The TRacks demo plug that came with PT years ago did this if I recall.

RH