Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 04-04-2019, 03:08 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2019 !

Isn't this only showing Avid has started to do what they have promised? Since 2015 and Cloud Collaboration releases average 3.5 and before that they were averaging 2 (assuming these are right numbers) and to me 3.5 seems to be bigger number than two...
Old 04-04-2019, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Isn't this only showing Avid has started to do what they have promised? Since 2015 and Cloud Collaboration releases average 3.5 and before that they were averaging 2 (assuming these are right numbers) and to me 3.5 seems to be bigger number than two...
not really. It just shows, that they still not even release one update per quarter. And that includes such things as the 2018.10 and .12 "we need to fixed newly introduced bugs, "fast"" releases. I don't care for new features to much, but I was really hoping for a fast, capable, nearly bug free version by now. But I guess AVID is still bankrupt (as it has been for years now) and there is no money for bug fixing and evolution.
Video Slave 4.3.477

Last edited by Basstian; 04-04-2019 at 07:39 AM.
Old 04-04-2019, 07:33 AM

Quote:
But we are forced to pay annually now. The increase in frequency of updates (75%) is less than proportional to the increase in cost since the annual plan/subscription went into effect.

All that aside, if we were getting stability, fixes for long-standing bugs, and significant and requested features, I wouldn't even bring this issue up. But we aren't.
Old 04-04-2019, 07:59 AM

In a perfect world a customer could ask for a new build and it was delivered, just like that. I'd ike that. I have my bread and butter on IT industry and know some of that. But it is easier said than done.

Why I'm here? I love to make music as every tom dick and jerry. Bumps on the road are expected
Old 04-04-2019, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAWgEAR View Post
But we are forced to pay annually now.
We have always been forced to pay. Some of us remember the time of forcing us to buy tapes and store them for all eternity... this PT annual fee is peanuts in comparison
Old 04-04-2019, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basstian View Post
no money for bug fixing and evolution.
Of course you know that isn't true. It's just a matter of which bugs to squash first, and there you have your first/standard/ultimate/elite support scheme.

No I'm not defending Avid, I'm so oldskool I hate subscription models, but that much I know the more you pay for your support the higher in hierarchy your bug reports are. Therefore a bug that seems trivial for "vanilla" customers and is a showstopper for S6 owners naturally would be fixed first.
Old 04-04-2019, 08:15 AM

Quote:
No I'm not defending Avid.
Could you please stop contradicting yourself with this nonsense all the time? It is really annoying having you defending the things Avid is doing wrong and that p*sses a vocal amount of customers off, and then claiming you're not doing exactly that.
Avid pays you for being a shill? Fair enough, how else would you earn money being at the DUC 24/7? I get that. But why do you feel the urge to say you're not? Is that a contractual clause you have to abide by? Or is that a pathological psychical issue?

"We have always been forced to pay. Some of us remember the time of forcing us to buy tapes and store them for all eternity... this PT annual fee is peanuts in comparison"

What has that to do with anything? Does that mean it's okay to pay companies comparatively marginal amounts of money but for basically nothing in return? How could anyone who is not somehow affiliated with said company try to play down things that go against the interest of EVERY PAYING USER?

Maybe you're not using PT enough, because you're occupied defending Avid on a forum and then making sure to state that you're not.
Most others here use the software and need it to perform.

iMac Pro
- MacOS 10.14.6
---
- Pro Tools U HDN 2019.6
- Avid HD Omni + HD I/O 8x8x8
- C|24 | S3 | Dock
Old 04-04-2019, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meads View Post
Avid pays you for being a shill?
No, I'm not on a payroll. Can you please respect that I also have opinions of my own despite I have the mod badge?
Old 04-04-2019, 08:55 AM

Quote:
No, I'm not on a payroll. Can you please respect that I also have opinions of my own despite I have the mod badge?
I don't care if you're on a payroll or get other benefits. That’s how companies handle things today, since every Tom, Dick and Harry is able to express their discontent publicly. Which can get heated quickly. They need shills to steer conversations and tendencies away from negativity. That is common practice and understandable. I’m just not sure you were a good choice, because you’re not very good at hiding it.
In your defense (and I’m not defending you) it’s hard to nudge things into a more positive light if the company has been performing poorly year after year.

To answer your question, I respect people having different opinions. But I don't respect people bsing and expecting people are dumb enough to buy into it. Nobody likes to pay money for broken promises, nobody likes to use buggy software, and nobody comes up with completely bogus analogies to defend a company without something playing into their interest going on in the background.
If that's not the case, why would you defend Avid? Let us know. Or don't.
I'm tired of discussing that. We had our quarrels in the past, and it's just pointless. I'm sure those posts are going to be deleted anyways. As already happened within this thread.
But at least you and I had another pleasant interaction. XOXO

iMac Pro
- MacOS 10.14.6
---
- Pro Tools U HDN 2019.6
- Avid HD Omni + HD I/O 8x8x8
- C|24 | S3 | Dock
Old 04-04-2019, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meads View Post
I don't care if you're on a payroll or get other benefits. That’s how companies handle things today, since every Tom, Dick and Harry is able to express their discontent publicly. Which can get heated quickly. They need shills to steer conversations and tendencies away from negativity. That is common practice and understandable. I’m just not sure you were a good choice, because you’re not very good at hiding it.
In your defense (and I’m not defending you) it’s hard to nudge things into a more positive light if the company has been performing poorly year after year.

To answer your question, I respect people having different opinions. But I don't respect people bsing and expecting people are dumb enough to buy into it. Nobody likes to pay money for broken promises, nobody likes to use buggy software, and nobody comes up with completely bogus analogies to defend a company without something playing into their interest going on in the background.
If that's not the case, why would you defend Avid? Let us know. Or don't.
I'm tired of discussing that. We had our quarrels in the past, and it's just pointless. I'm sure those posts are going to be deleted anyways. As already happened within this thread.
But at least you and I had another pleasant interaction. XOXO
If this is an example of you having a respectful conversation, then you have a lot to learn about respect. Shill? Broken promises? XXOO? Your tone is insulting and condescending to say the least.

The best way to judge the value of Pro Tools is to look at the sheer amount of audio work that gets done every day. I can assure you that none of us would be using it if it was as useless as you claim. Room to improve? Sure. There is always room for that! MIDI could be better, but it's workable for now. Certainly better than anything Pro Tools 11!!! I use Logic when I need MIDI power. And if Logic was better in every way, I'd probably stay there. But there is a lot to love about Pro Tools.

Steve