Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 11-05-2017, 10:24 AM

Default Re: Error when Dock is switched on before windows boots

OK, so we know the dock is actually functional and that there is no issue with ITS network port.

I've noticed that if the Dock is ON and the S3 is OFF and then I turn the S3 ON only the S3 is recognized by EuControl. Most likely because the dock has already tried to broadcast itself and EuControl never got the message (because the S3 was off). If I turn the Dock off and then back on it then gets picked up with no issues. So the moral of the story is to definitely have the S3 on before booting the dock.

I still stand behind trying a small 5 port switch in the room with the PC, S3 and Dock. connect the run to your main switch into one of the ports of the small switch and then connect the PC, S3 and the dock to individual ethernet ports on the small switch and reboot all devices, PC then S3 then Dock. If they are all unmanaged switches then that scenario should work... and separate your EuCon traffic from the rest of your network. .. and it won't matter what order you boot your S3 or Dock.