Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)

Old 08-30-2009, 10:37 AM

Default Maudio 410/ problems with firewire port

I m using Maudio Firewire 410,
since few weeks my firewire ext hard drive suddenly unmount wen the 410 is on. If I connect the hard drive directly to my MBP port it works fine, wen I use it together with the 410 is always unmounting either I connect it directly to my MPB port and connect the 410 to the ext drive free firewire port or even if I connect the 410 directly to the MBP and the Ext drive to the second firewire port.

I v been trying all trouble shooting suggested by digi but the problem is persisting. I m pretty sure the problem is generated by the Maudio firewire 410...wen Maudio is not connected my firewire disk work fine.

any suggestion?

Thanx in advance
Old 08-30-2009, 11:02 PM

Default Re: Maudio 410/ problems with firewire port

mean while the situation is even worsening: my MBP can't detect the Maudio 410...I v reinstalled both PT mpowered 7.1.1 and the Maudio Driver...nothing the 410 is not findable.
Strange cauz all was working just fine for a couple of years and suddenly all these bugs...
What to do...probably better to go back to the Mbox 1 (the old blue one).

Desperate..plz Help
Old 08-31-2009, 01:21 AM

Hi,

First never connect you're HD and you're audio interface together on the Mac FW ports, you should daisy chaining because it creates a traffic congestion due to the new Macs FW architecture.

But daisy chaining doesn't work very well either, I'm using a Pro Fire 2626 on I mac and after trying lot of setups, change my HD to a glyph ect... I'm getting closer to a stable configuration.

Imac FW800 port > Lacie Flat Cable > Pro Fire 2626 > Glyph QT5050

It's more stable than connect the HD before the audio interface (causing lot of disconnections of the audio card). But sometimes for me also the HD just unmount (Device Removal alert pop up even I didn't touch the HD itself)
Old 08-31-2009, 11:33 PM

well daisy chaining is my only option cauz my MBP has only one firewire 400port (I am tempted to try an express card with firewire 800).
For 2 years I haven't had any problem with my ext HD. Since few weeks it keeps unmounting. So I v been trying all possible truble shooting but this keep happening. Usually with the sound card in the first step of the chain all was working fine...now it seams I v to put my HD in the first step and chain the Sound card to it...so I m kind of confused on what to try to solve this.

thanx

Shiama