Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 11:24 AM

Default Preset Menu Not Working!

Hi, i'm running 7.3.1cs4 on a macbook with os 10.4.9 (recently updated from 10.4.8)

I just realised that i can't select any presets from the menu at the top of the plug-in folder. I've tried reseting the root folders but no joy. Any presets that are accessed from within the actual interface of the plug-in itself load fine but the drop down menus at the top is totally useless on all my plug-ins as of today!

Is this an issue with the update from 10.4.8 to 10.4.9? Should i run the pt 7.3.1cs5 update?

Any ideas anyone?

btw, all my settings load fine in old songs, for instance if i load a track with an Xpand in it the patch loads but if i go to change it the patch name reverts to <factory default>
Old 11-07-2007, 09:37 AM

Default Re: Preset Menu Not Working!

Please someone help me with this.

I've tried updating to cs5 and deleting the preferences file but i still can't access any presets from the menus. For example, I can't load any instruments into Xpand! unless they're in a saved song.

This is driving me crazy.

Any ideas anyone?
Old 11-08-2007, 04:05 AM

Digi Tech support? any help please? this problem is really messing up my work-flow and costing me.

i've checked the general troubleshooting tips again and done everything i can think of.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:47 AM

Is this in all plugins, or just VIs like Xpand?

Check your "Plug-In Settings" folder, which can be found in /Library/Application Support/Digidesign to make sure that your presets are still there.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:17 AM

cheers DJ insomniac but the settings were there all along. infact i could load single patches fine but the menu wouldn't work.

i've fixed the problem for Xpand! but i'm not sure if it was just affecting that or other plugins because it was only really xpand that i was using the menu's for. most plugs seem to have their own patch retrieval system these day.

anyway, after unsuccessfully deleting pref files and updating/repathing .dat files for xpand (btw none of the digidesign patches worked for me in this case) i decided to delete all references to xpand from my hard drive (.dat, prefs and plugin settings)and begin installation again. first running the ub updater download and then copying over the settings and .dat file from the original installation disk by hand.

now all patch selecton is working exacltly as it should in xpand.

hope this helps someone in the future