Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2013, 12:15 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools SE

Follow the instructions in the link and paste here. your post will look like the one in this thread (for a random example)..

http://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=2115187
Old 12-26-2013, 12:20 AM

What happened to the very start of the report, lines about motherboard/OEM info is missing and is important.
Old 12-26-2013, 12:39 AM

that was a mishap. Now sandra wont let me view myreport in text form as it did when i posted it before
Old 12-26-2013, 12:50 AM

Default Pro Tools SE

Well I can already see your PC should be OK for basic Pro Tools SE. But I still would like to see one complete/clean Sandra report.

One actual limit here may be the single disk drive which may cause glitches. Pro Tools SE is normally OK using a single drive *if* everything is set up properly. Higher end versions of Pro Tools often need a dedicated audio/drive (so at least two drives on a system). If audio glitches are the issue here what are all your playback engine settings in Pro Tools (post a screen shot). The other important thing you need to do to avoid those problems is follow all the system optimization steps in that same old link above. Have you done that?

You have still not explained what actual problems you are having/what the actual question is here or how it relates to the three or so other threads you have started. Is the Pro Tools SE installer failing or exactly what is happening?
Old 12-26-2013, 01:57 AM

The "crackling" post was for a friend, i was doing him a favor, his issue is solved.

As for me:
1.I do Not have SE installed
2. is there any way i can install the software ? (which i bought and it came with a usb microphone)

...I tried to get another report, it wont pop up...
Old 12-26-2013, 05:59 PM

Well things are not looking great here.

The good news is your system has 4GB or RAM and a sufficient processor and meets all the SE system requirements. Including Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate x64. But the installer is apparently firing an incorrect compatibility warning. I would hope the installer has a way of overriding this (it would if I wrote it) but I'm not sure if it does or how to override the error. I do not think it is worth trying to upgrading any hardware on the system.

You are running a supported OS, and its important that you have SP1 installed. The Pro Tools SE installer being confused before about this on systems has happened with Windows XP (and Windows 7?) when not running SP3 or SP1 respectfully.

Pro Tools SE has been effectively abandoned by Avid. And Avid sold off its M-Audio Products to InMusic. You may get better support from M-Audio than Avid on this. BTW FAQs and other info at M-Audio are here. http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=...69470b3dc1#msr

The bits you have on the install disk are the latest and are unlikely to be damaged and so downloading from online is unlikely to help you. But for reference you can download Pro Tools SE 8.0.3 from M-Audio here: http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=...drivers&f=1168 But again I doubt that will help you.

While I do not have a clear understanding of what is goign on I would try the following...

What does the Windows 7 Control Panel > System > General tab show as Computer specs/memory size? You can just post a screenshot of that tab.

Reboot your computer and then do a CTRL-ALT-DEL and in Task Manager performance tab let the stats run for a few minutes and then grab a screen shot of that tab and post here. Also grab a screen shot of the processes tab. past them here so the text can be read.

Check you are running the installer from an account with Admin privileges. Accept all the default questions in the installer (I do not know what it normally asks you, but especially do not try to install anywhere else but in the default Programs Folder on the C: boot drive).

I would try to completely disable or unisntall any antivirus software (including from Microsoft), reboot and then try reinstalling again.

I cannot tell what motherboard/system you have but check on that OEM's support web site for AMI BIOS and similar updates and install them. I cannot think of any BIOS setting that would cause this problem. But update to the latest is likely a good idea.

If that does not work then I would try doing a clean install of Windows 7. Ideally on a separate drive. Install the bare minimum device drivers (e.g. for the graphics display). Things like buggy device drivers, weird background applications/systray programs, antivirus software etc. could all potentially cause these kind of problems. So install as absolutely as little as possible beyond basic Windows 7 SP1 then try installing Pro Tools SE.

It is fairly unusual for Sandra to have problems running a report, and I'm not following what it is doing here. The few times I've seen Sandra really crash/misbehave is when the underlying system was so sick it needed reinstalling. So if that is happening its another reason to head towards doing a clean Windows install.
Old 12-26-2013, 08:30 PM

WINDOWS SPECS:
windows specs.jpg

PERFORMANCE:
performance.PNG

PROCESSES:
processes.PNG

SANDRA REPORT
sandra report.jpg

There are no system updates available so i assume they are all updated.
I uninstalled anivirus.

And its quite ironic you suggested a clean install because i just bought this drive tuesday and installed WIN 7 on it. (SE didnt install on the last drive either)

I have no clue why the sandra report didnt read out as text form as it did before but that's what it's giving me.

on a sidenote: this is the third hard drive i've been through on this computer. (as in the one the computer came with, the one i installed after that, and now ive installed this one) Im aware there is only 1.75GB usuable as it shows in the image above, would i just have to buy a bigger hard drive to solve my problem or could there be an alternate resolution within this situation at hand ?

very frustrated at this point...
Old 12-26-2013, 08:48 PM

This is making no sense.

The screenshot of the Windows System control panel shows an e-machines PC with 1.75 GB of usable memory an AMD Athlon Processor @ 1.8 GHz running and the Sandra report is for a Intel i5 running at 3.2 GHz with 4 GB of memory. if the earlier info is correct then this system is underconfigured and Pro Tools SE will not install on it. If the later is correct then Pro Tools SE should install fine.

Did you actually run the Sandra report on the same machine as you are trying to install on?

If you are sure you did, then what is the actual make/model of your system? Where did the Windows install come from? A Windows 7 x64 systems builder DVD-ROM? A e-machines recovery DVD-ROM? Or something else?
Old 12-26-2013, 08:50 PM

Quote:
.... i just have to buy a bigger hard drive to solve my problem or could there be an alternate resolution within this situation at hand ?
This has nothing to do with the disk drives or disk space. The error is claiming there is not enough RAM/memory in the computer.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:09 PM

Make: E-Machine
Model: EL1331G

I see what your saying, either i somehow copied and pasted someone else's report by accident (Dont ask how ) or ran the report and thats how it read. i specifically remeber that the report did read out in text formand i copied and pasted it. More than likey i made that, but i know for sure that the make and model above is correct.

I used WIN 7 recovery DVD-ROM.

Like you stated earlier my system is underconfigure: i have lost the battle and war