Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2001, 05:44 AM

Default Disk Warrior?

Is anyone using Disk Warrior for drive care? How's it working for you?
Old 12-04-2001, 07:34 AM

Default Re: Disk Warrior?

I use it occasionaly on my drives (audio drives and system drive). It will repair any corruption of the directory structure that could result in data corruption, and it also optimizes the directories as well.

Knock on wood, I've never had any significant drive problems, but you'll find many folks here who have had Disk Warrior recover bad drives that nothing else could help.

Definately a must-have.

Tom
Old 12-04-2001, 07:51 AM

Default Re: Disk Warrior?

Disk Warrior,along with Tech Tool Pro, has saved my arse a couple of times after some scsi problems resulted in screwed up directories and "volume wrappers",whatever they are. Anyway, I feel pretty secure about my ability to recover items should anything go wrong. Alot of guys/gals like to have the big three disk apps, just to cover the most bases. Tech tool pro, Disk Warrior and perhaps Norton utilities. I find myself just using Tech tool most of the time. There have been lots of thresds here on this subject over the past year or so, you might want to do a search.
Good Luck.