Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2020, 12:54 PM

Default Re: Disk Warrior to repair Mac OSX Sierra?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnoil View Post
Here is a picture of the screen when it boots after the computer crashes in Pro-Tools. This is a picture of the screen from my phone:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
So it's a kernel panic as I expected. All my comments above apply, including you need to go searching for crash logs... which will contain that more detailed info. And again kernel drivers are always a suspect.

If you can't make progress then do what else I said... try booting off some of your cloned backups. If that does not work get another disk and start doing full clean macOS install and see if you can build as stable system. Do not use system migration assassin (assistant) to move apps or drivers. Do full clean installs of all apps and drivers and plugins, starting with trying the minimum you need and testing as you go.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 01-18-2020 at 01:04 PM.