Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 02-24-2020, 08:00 AM

Default Clips Missing Bug

Having a few sessions from PT 8.03 lately from clients and when I open them in 2019.12 there's clips missing...I believe I read something about missing clips in a PT Expert article a few weeks back, but the session isn't telling me there's anything missing - they're just randomly gone, and the client thinks I'm nuts when I send the mix back with all sorts of stuff missing that should be there...

Is this the same bug? If so, this needs to be fixed ASAP...

Thanks!!
Sig
Old 02-24-2020, 09:25 AM

Default Re: Clips Missing Bug

Just to clarify: a client is sending you sessions from PT 8, is that correct? Or, are these sessions your OWN that you worked on in PT 8, and are now trying to open in 2019.12?

Importantly, did you open the sessions directly, or import them into a 2019.12 session?

The bug you're referencing from PTE has to do with importing session data into 2019.12 from previous versions of pro tools.

Finally, have you tried opening the PT 8 session in PT 10 (assuming you have an active license, which should still include 10)?

G.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
System/Hardware Info
IMDb credits
Old 02-24-2020, 10:02 AM

Yes, client sending me sessions from his 8.03 rig. I'm opening them directly into my 2019.12 version, no importing!
Old 02-24-2020, 10:33 AM

Well, then unlikely that the problem is the bug.

I don't know if this fully applies, but I believe a certain file type, .sd2, is no longer supported in 2019.12 - though I can't imagine it would remove it from a session...?

Anyway, that's why I suggested opening in Pro Tools 10, since I believe it still supported sd2.

Try it first, if it works, he'll think you're some kind of magician.

It's really a shot in the dark, but the closest one that makes SOME kind of sense.

Otherwise, it looks like it's on your client. If they have the older version of pro tools, and can see the missing files, then that realistically has to be the starting point for recovering the full session.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
System/Hardware Info
IMDb credits

Last edited by gwhatley; 02-25-2020 at 08:49 AM.