Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2009, 04:59 PM

Default problem installing drivers for pro tools LE 7.3 with mac OS

i was able to install and run protools LE 7.3 with my digi002 interface (not rack - with faders) on my old PC until it crashed. i have an external harddrive which has not given me problems in the past. i now have a brand new macbook pro and tried installing protools, here is my problem.

during installation, certain extensions were not properly installed, they are something like:

digidal.kext
digidesignfirewireaudio.kext
digidesignmbox2.kext
digidesignmboxboot.kext
digi10.kext

however afterwards my computer told me the installation was successful.

i found and installed the protools update for my version of protools and my mac operating system, however...when i tried to open protools it tells me that the hardware is not installed. when i look in the 'drivers' folder, i see only .png files...so i assume that for some reason they are not being installed on my computer.

does anybody know what i have to do to fix this? after i initially installed protools and restarted my computer it never prompted me to install the drivers necessary to run the hardware as it did with my PC.

i tried a clean uninstall, and reinstalling protools. i also tried just installing the update and not installing from the DVD i have. but it seems in both cases i am unable to run the program, this doesn't seem to be a problem of the digi002 not being recognized, (as in a faulty cable) but that my computer doesn't have what it needs installed in it to recognize the digi002 hardware.

please help!
Old 11-23-2009, 12:58 PM
Avid

Default Re: problem installing drivers for pro tools LE 7.3 with mac OS

Which version of Pro Tools did you install? Which OS version are you running?

We need more info to help you - see the Help Us Help You thread for details...
Old 11-23-2009, 03:25 PM

hi, sorry i did read the help us help you section first, i thought i made my details clear but i guess i didn't.

i have a macbook pro with mac OS X version 10.6.2
processor 2.8 Ghz intel core 2 duo

memory - 4GB 1067 Mhz DDR3

and i was installing pro tools LE 7.3 (i stated this, i'm not sure what other info i can supply about which version it is...sorry). and i tried installing the update on this website LE 7.3.1 for mac OS X.

i'm not totally computer savvy but if there is any more info i can get to you please let me know...i am in the middle of a mixing session for a band and this problem is holding up my work. thank you.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:04 PM

Snow Leopard is not supported.

Leopard required version 7.4.2 at a minimum. See compatibilty grid.

Your best bet is to buy the upgrade to 8.0 and use the 8.0.3pr version.