Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 10-04-2012, 01:56 PM

Thumbs down error missing ilok authorization for pro tools 10

Hello,

I have tried all the suggestions from here, http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/E...ssage/en430451 , I have uninstalled, re-installed Pro Tools 4x. I am so fed up, I don't understand why this is so difficult to upgrade to Pro Tools 10. It should just be a button click.

It wont let me sync onto the ilok website. I have tried calling Avid, but after 30minutes of being on hold on the phone and being charged for my time, I hung up.

Please, I dont want to sound rude, but I purchased pro tools 9, which isn't cheap, with a free upgrade to 10, I have been trying for 3 months on and off to upgrade and nothing is working. I see so many other people have this problem, and I see the only thing that seems to help is this website... http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/E...ssage/en430451 , which I have tried doing everything on it over 10x. Nothing is working, I am so frustrated

PLEASE , if I can get any help. That would be really appreciated.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:01 PM

Thumbs down Can someone please help me!!!!

- bump -
Old 10-04-2012, 02:02 PM

Default help

- bump -
Old 10-05-2012, 02:47 PM

Default Re: error missing ilok authorization for pro tools 10

Anybody?
Old 10-05-2012, 04:32 PM

You only need the iLok Driver if you just plan to use Pro Tools and do not need to access the iLok website.

You will need both the Driver and Client Software if you want to do use Pro Tools AND access the iLok website.

http://www.ilok.com/download-ilok-software.html
Old 10-05-2012, 06:23 PM

Is the 10 asset found in your iLok account on line? Is it possible that the asset needs to be loaded onto the iLok(check your iLok account for any new authorizations). Until the asset is on the iLok, there's no point in re-installing Pro Tools. Its not going to work until the ilok has the asset and its seen by the computer(all of which happens outside of Pro Tools).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 10-05-2012, 06:46 PM

Also, when you transfer your PT10 license to your iLok account, you will still need to log on to iLok.com and transfer the license to your physical iLok for it to work in any computer
Old 10-12-2012, 03:17 AM

I'm having the same issue. My iLok is fine, licenses for 9 and 10 are active, according to the people at iLok.com (they sent me an email and asked... more in a moment)

I had PT8. I bought PT9 but hadn't installed. When I registered my Eleven Rack, it gave me access code for upgrade to PT10, but that requires an iLok (which I didn't need for 8). So I used the one from my PT9 box... but PT10 wouldn't recognize the 11R. Called, waited 45 minutes on phone. Tech logs onto my PC, removed Internet Explorer 9 and that solves the problem... now PT-10 works, great! except over at the iLok.com site, no iLok is recognized; the site says "activeX component which talks to the iLok was not initialized..." so I ask THEM what to do, they advise using a "compatible browser like FireFox 3.6" (wtf? FFox is on about version 16 now, isn't it?... ) and hit UPDATE so they can check my licenses...

So I re-installed IE9, push all the ActiveX buttons in the OPTIONS, and presto! now the iLOK web page sees my iLok, updates the thing, they send me an email confirming my license for 10.

So I go back to PT10, fire it up ... and the dam thing says "missing iLok authorization"...

I've spent HOURS on the phone, mostly on hold waiting... I've installed, rebooted, reinstalled drivers, rebooted, over and over and over and over...

I removed IE9, but that didn't fix the problem... so after 3 frustrating days, I'm dead in the water...

The computer can see the iLok, I can find it 2 ways. According to iLok.com, the license is fine. AND IT EVEN WORKED, I GOT PT10 RUNNING A COUPLE TIMES, before I went to iLok.com to verify my licenses (now I wish I hadn't done that).

Removing IE9 made it work. I put IE9 back on the system (because iLok needed it), and now PT10 will not see the iLok... removing IE9 does not improve the situation. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks!
Old 10-12-2012, 03:30 AM

Quote:
they advise using a "compatible browser like FireFox 3.6" (wtf? FFox is on about version 16 now, isn't it?... )
I am using Firefox 16.0.1 and i can access the iLok site just fine. I assume they meant use Firefox version 3.6 and above

Quote:
Removing IE9 made it work. I put IE9 back on the system (because iLok needed it), and now PT10 will not see the iLok... removing IE9 does not improve the situation
I'm slightly confused...so removing IE9 made it work before but it doesn't help anymore? Perhaps switch to Firefox (from ilok.com "Safari 4+, Firefox 3.5+, Internet Explorer 8+ recommended for best experience") and remove IE9 completely because IE can cause issues with Pro Tools.

I don't know if IE would cause the kind of issues you are having but it wouldn't hurt to try without it

Last edited by freezejoin; 10-12-2012 at 03:32 AM. Reason: Adding stuff
Old 10-13-2012, 09:21 AM

Sorry for your frustrations! Not sure this helps, but since 9, you need to install the driver for your interface separately(with 8 and back, the driver would install with the software).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave