Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 12-02-2009, 10:22 PM

Default Axiom Pro Overview Video 4

Axiom Pro Overview 4: ASCII Key Commands (Key Strokes)

filosofem
Old 12-03-2009, 03:33 AM

Default Re: Axiom Pro Overview Video 4

'nice!'

BTW I love hearing the audio variation between the live and keyboard shots, it's almost like 2 different voices.

Founder of the Expert Sites.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filosofem View Post
In Pro Tools environment there is additional surface control mode "Instrument mode". It allows to navigate through presets.
Also in PT custom surface control mapping available, which allow to customize parameter pages and quickly access most important plug-in parameters. But i do not finish to read about it.

Funny to use AxiomPro with Finder or AudioFinder.
m1active 520 & sub gw s750, deq230, cx2310
Old 12-03-2009, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussUK View Post
BTW I love hearing the audio variation between the live and keyboard shots, it's almost like 2 different voices.
Funny, I had a wee chuckle to myself too.

filosofem
Old 12-03-2009, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemexclusive View Post
In Pro Tools environment there is additional surface control mode "Instrument mode". It allows to navigate through presets.
Also in PT custom surface control mapping available, which allow to customize parameter pages and quickly access most important plug-in parameters. But i do not finish to read about it.

Funny to use AxiomPro with Finder or AudioFinder.
Hello SysEx

She's a great board isn't she. A real step forward in keyboard integration. Have you had Axiom Pro long? What made you buy Axiom Pro?

filosofem
Old 12-04-2009, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Hello SysEx
She's a great board isn't she. A real step forward in keyboard integration. Have you had Axiom Pro long? What made you buy Axiom Pro?
filosofem
She's greater than my old Oxygen61 and KorgR3 altogether.

I am using AxiomPro49 about 3 month. Think need else one month to finish integration into my setup (mainly programming keystrokes and control surface mapping optimization).
I keep several presets to control different software (AudioFinder, DSP-Quattro, Structure Sampler and so on...) and it helps me to decrease number of steps needed to achieve same result when computer keyboard used only.

I bought AxiomPro49 because i have no PT compatible control surface (like Mackie). I was overloaded with fader riding and plugin automation in PT Mixer window.
Now it is much better. I can record midi, than apply pan and volume of instrument track. If sound do not fit composition, i can open Structure sampler and change attack\release and so on, in case of RTAS instrument i can control all parameters without touching computer keyboard.

So main use-case for me: sound design, arrangement, plugin automation and mixing using one hardware unit.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:02 AM

What go to plugs do you use for your sound design SysEx and do you lean towards a specific genre?

filosofem
Old 12-07-2009, 10:35 AM

Quote:
What go to plugs do you use for your sound design SysEx and do you lean towards a specific genre?
filosofem
The main plug in my setup is a Structure sampler. I prefer to sample Hardware synth and then trigger sounds via MIDI. For doing this Korg R3 synth\vocoder and Waldorf microQ used.
To colorize sound i am using TUBE preamp and Lexicon processor.
After short tuning traditional PT plugs (Vacuum, Xpand2) can be used to put bass and layers into the song.
I like impOSCar, Polysix, Arp2600, CS-80 as well as other analogue style synth.

Last 2 years i learn music theory, acoustics, psychoacoustics, synthesis, mixing, arrangement, micking and so on.
I find that Drum & Bass music style is more interesting for me than other styles. With DnB you can build a pure jump-up material as well as harmony with beautiful chords and musical feeling.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:09 PM

I like your writing style, SysEx.

3.4 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Interface Focusrite Saffire PRO 24
Old 12-08-2009, 06:47 AM

It is a great keyboard but I wish that m audio would get their finger out and give me a Win7 driver!

All the hoo-haa about this HyperControl technology but STILL no Win7 drivers after they released drivers for just about everything else about 2 months ago.

The worst thing is that, when you check the Win7 status on their webpage, the Axiom Pro isn't even mentioned.

I bought this keyboard because I thought it was pretty future proof (short term). Problem is I am having to wait an awful long time for m audio to catch up to the present.

Paul