Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2015, 09:40 AM

Default PT9 fresh install Yosemite

I have PT9 - I had it working on Yosemite. My hard drive crashed. I reinstalled everything... I can't find a working install of PT9... not from my original CD's... not from downloads...

I need to access session files to mix them.

The only support options I can find from Avid cost money... what do I do other than just use Logic in the future?.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:35 PM

Default Re: PT9 fresh install Yosemite

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmckenzie View Post
I have PT9 - I had it working on Yosemite. My hard drive crashed. I reinstalled everything... I can't find a working install of PT9... not from my original CD's... not from downloads...

I need to access session files to mix them.

The only support options I can find from Avid cost money... what do I do other than just use Logic in the future?.
Look before you update to an OSX version that is not supported (and never will be) for use in your ancient PT version. PT12 should be able to access your old session files provided everything is rendered to audio and you have no fx plugins being used. There may well be a demo of PT12 so give that a shot (but you'll need an iLok2).

Anyway you go you're going to be spending money.

I don't know how you got PT9 working on Yosemite when even PT10 doesn't properly work on that OSX version. You'd have had to have hacked the installer to get it to even install (or used Migration Assisstant aka Assassin) to get it on that OSX version. Even then you're dealing with the graphics issues and the missing insert menu items.

QAPLA!