Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2010, 03:14 AM

Exclamation All TDM and RTAS SDK owners should agree to upload updates to one place

Hi,

Won't don't all TDM and RTAS developers agree as part of getting the SDK's that they will upload all the latest updates for their plugs to one common download page?

this page will work like a menu where you simply go down the list and tick the one's you need and at the bottom of the list a "download all selected" button!!

All the latest updates download in one go to your desktop and voila!

I spent hours yesterday going to vendors sites and in many cases i even had to download and install the plugs to find which version it was just to check i had the latest version

I did use Mark Trombino's app .http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=264830
Which was a great help but not 100% up to date on some plugs and missing a few, but was a great help.

But some vendors you have to sign in with a name and password which you have obviously forgot! well i do anyway then they email you the download???

thats was about 5 hours i could have done without losing!!

And then do it all again next month!!!!!

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:10 AM

Default Re: All TDM and RTAS SDK owners should agree to upload updates to one place

Brilliant idea. Maybe Avid could pay for the hosting. I'm sure they would benefit greatly from more people having up to date and hopefully more stable systems.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:11 AM

Default Re: All TDM and RTAS SDK owners should agree to upload updates to one place

Yes, absolutely! I cannot say how much "fun" it was for me to hunt down all the Windows versions of my plugs as I have recently moved over (or I at least trying to) Windows PT. Aaargh!
Old 12-10-2010, 04:18 PM

+1

OmniFocus, 1Password and Plug Tools help through a painful process, but this suggestion beats them all.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:42 PM
Banned

"Feel free to complain, but just know that I'm about the only person that's going to read what you're saying," DTS quote

It is to bad that no one at AVID besides the single DTS guy reads these forums. I like you thought of other good ideas only to see them lost.
I think we should have a plug in verifier built into Pro Tools like Logic and make sure All Plugins Pass some test before we can use it and make our system unstable.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edadema View Post
.I think we should have a plug in verifier built into Pro Tools like Logic and make sure All Plugins Pass some test before we can use it and make our system unstable.
While it's a great idea and is definitely needed, don't believe for a minute that the Logic plug-in verification means that the plug-ins are always stable.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by axiom View Post
While it's a great idea and is definitely needed, don't believe for a minute that the Logic plug-in verification means that the plug-ins are always stable.
Ok but at least if it fails it will be removed from the Plug In folder and we wont be guessing why is my DAW crashing. Im sure some could still slip by but I am sick of the blame gave.... If it is not PT9 then tell us who
Old 12-11-2010, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crizdee View Post

All the latest updates download in one go to your desktop and voila!
This would be of course awsome :)
I just installed a new system from scratch onto a new WD-HD last week and it was pretty time consuming checking @ all the different developers site's if I *really* got the most recent versions of Plugs & SW !

Quote:
Originally Posted by crizdee View Post
But some vendors you have to sign in with a name and password which you have obviously forgot! well i do anyway then they email you the download???
As a sidenote - I'm using 1password @ all my computers. Couldn't live without it anymore. Safes looooots of time:
http://agilewebsolutions.com/onepassword
MacPro5,1 ; 6-Core Intel Xeon 3,46 GHz, 32 Gig Ram, NVIDIA Quadro K5000 with 3 displays connected  OSX10.15.7  Pro Tools|HDX Ultimate 2023.6  HD I/O&192Digital&96&96i I/Os  D-Command ES  4xUnitor8 & 2xAMT8
Old 12-11-2010, 04:13 AM

Nice idea.

But man, they've had this Updater App sitting in the Digi Folder since at least a year now and that aint working still. Just like the digibrowser and just like so many other things. I share your thoughts too every time I am cruising websites to get updates but I think that a we'll see a chinese Woman elected US President before that happens!!!!

AVID is like an Elephant - They WANT things to happen but are too clumsy to maneuver swift and nimbly
Old 12-11-2010, 12:27 PM

Great idea criz. +1