Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 11-17-2018, 05:33 AM

Default A Thought on CP - Programs and Features

OK, so I installed a plugin last week. It bombed part way through. The installer was trying to install the C++ distributable components. Upon subsequent firing up PT to see if all worked, I got an error. Easy enough. I go back to uninstall what I had just done.

I get back into Programs and Features and the install isn't there. The Plugin is in my Plugin folders, though. I ordered Programs and Features by date and see the only installation for that day is labeled as "Microsoft C++ distr.....". I uninstall that one and my plugin is gone from the Plugins Folder and PT works.

FWIW - Other plugins by the plugin company are labeled in Programs and Features properly.

So my thought is this. There are a number of entries for Microsoft Redistributable C++ in Programs and Features. Is this something we need to look into as we manage our plugins and audio applications? I've always had some there in any machine I've had. The bignchallenge is that Windows makes the Installation date of these the same date as the last big upgrade unless it's related program has installed since.

(I do have to re-set my plugs via Trasher before each PT use else I get pops and clicks galore. Was wondering if it could be somehow related as faulty plugs will do their thing. )