Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 07-11-2006, 10:15 AM

Default Xpand and Intel Macs????

OK folks I didn't see anything in here about this maybe I overlooked it. Does it work with the new Macs? I didn't see it in DIgis updated plugins which seems kind of wierd because they have all the other stuff in there. Is there a working update to download somewhere? Its hard to get anything from this site. Theres no straight to links anywhere. Any info would be good because digi doesn't seem to worry about getting back with its users to much. They need to take some notes from Propellerheads software!
Old 07-11-2006, 10:31 AM

Default Re: Xpand and Intel Macs????

Nevermind I found this on the site
"There is no downloadable version of Xpand!. A new version of Xpand! for Intel-based Macs will be available soon on CD only from the online DigiStore. The previous version of Xpand! for PPC-based Macs will not work with Intel-based Macs."

available soon... we all know what that means, it took them till may to get xpand CDs to The G.C. here. You would think they could have had some forethought knowing about these new macs long before most of us. Seems like were the last to get updates. Reason, logic, cubase they are all smokin the digi folks.. I really like this plugin, less stuff I have to rewire in from reason. Guess I'll be waiting yet again
Old 07-11-2006, 12:53 PM
Avid

The Xpand CD currently available in the Avidstore is Intel Mac compatible.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:09 AM

Sorry, but I see nothing at the Avidstore specifically stating that Xpand is Intel Mac compatible, or any choice between PowerPC and Intel Mac versions.

I've already spent $10 on the 'free' Xpand CD, only to find it's not compatible with my Intel Mac Mini.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:06 AM

I'm in the same boat... I purchased the CD from the store and it's not Intel compatible, does the 1.01 upgrade change that ? -- no , I think I read that you'd need to get a new CD from the DIGIstore when it was ready. Is the CD now INTEL compatible ?
( awesome that you guys decided to make it a freebie ! thanks ! )
Old 07-14-2006, 10:59 AM
Avid

The version that is currently available on the Avidstore is Intel Mac compatible, even though it doesn't state it specifically. I've verified this with the Avidstore management and they are working on updating that page to reflect the Mac Intel compatibility as soon as possible.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:30 PM

I just ordered it 2 days ago (the 12th) at the store site after seeing it was intel compatible and received it in the mail today and installed, but again no intel plug in, only power pc - examined the package contents as well as trying the installer, and that is all that was there.
I've submitted a ticket about this asking for another copy to be sent, but it would be great if the plug in only was available as a download, or something since the sound files are all here already. Hopefully will be advised by tech support soon as to how to go about getting a working version - very excited about getting to use Xpand!
Old 07-15-2006, 06:47 AM

Quote:
it would be great if the plug in only was available as a download, or something since the sound files are all here already.
+1
Old 07-15-2006, 06:48 AM

+1
Old 07-21-2006, 12:23 PM

fwiw, I received a replacement cd and it works great on my intel mac - although the installer did hang on the setup script and I had to manually drag the sound/patch files into the relevant application support directory to finally get it working.