Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 09-28-2002, 10:59 AM

Default Audio processing error 9129 Win XP - Help!!

Ok, So I tried to follow the Allen prescribed "pc under $800" plan, but I can't seem to get it to work. Where did I go wrong? I can't get my Pro Tools to play, it keeps erroring out.

Here's my setup:
GA-7dx+
AMD 2100 xp
Enermax adjustable case fan
512 Micron ram
Matrox G450 AGP
Promise Ultra ATA 133 TX2
WD 40Gig system drive
Removable hard drive(s)for audio
floppy drive
48x CD Rom
Sony Cd Burner
Ethernet card

I have my sys drive on promise controller 1 and my audio drive on promise 2. Cd's are on the mbo controller.

My Irq's are as follows
0 - sys timer
1 - standard 101/102 keyboard
5 - Via Rev 5 or later USB Controller
5 - same as above
6 - floppy
8 - cmos/real time clock
9 - MS acpi-compliant
10 - via 97 audio controller
12 - ps2 mouse
13 - numeric processor
14 - primary ide
15 - secondary ide
16 - realtek nic card
17 - Digi 001
18 - Promise controller

Any suggestions, Allen....somebody....HELP!
Intel i7 870 2.93Ghz
ATI Firepro V3700 (PCIe)
Corsair Dominator 8GB (2X4GB) DDR3
www.doylemusic.com
Old 09-28-2002, 11:08 AM

Default Re: Audio processing error 9129 Win XP - Help!!

there are only 16 IRQ's - 0 to 15. which operating system are you using?
Old 09-28-2002, 11:24 AM

That's what I thought, [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] so I did some checking...
My bios has a setting called interrupt mode. It can be set to APIC or PIC.
APIC says it generates more IRQ's for the system to use??? How, I do not know. But this was the default setting.
PIC is the AT standard.
In order to switch to PIC, I'll have to re-install everything. Which is what I'm thinking of doing?
Anybody ever heard of this APIC??

oh, btw - WIndows XP home
Intel i7 870 2.93Ghz
ATI Firepro V3700 (PCIe)
www.doylemusic.com
Old 09-30-2002, 07:31 AM

I re-installed WIN XP with the bios setting switched to PIC. Still having the same problem. Getting the good ole increase/decrease h/w buffer size error. Looks like the DIGI is sharing Irq now! Any suggestions? I'm anxious to get my system up as I have a project to get mixed!! HELP!!! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
Intel i7 870 2.93Ghz
ATI Firepro V3700 (PCIe)
www.doylemusic.com
Old 09-30-2002, 08:12 AM

Greetings doylemusic,

Let's see if we can help.

I would start by stripping everything out of the system. Boot up with the system drive on the mobo controller. (I would reformat now and get it over with. I would recommend you partition your sytem drive so you can format the first part of it but have Win XP CD on another partition so you can install from the Hard Drive. Partition Magic or other utility programs will help you here.)

No on-board sound, no NIC, no Promise, no 001. Just vanilla. Play cards or something on it and make sure it all works.

Have a second drive temporarily plugged directly into the second mobo controller socket. You may wish to have a CD drive slaved on the sytem drive. Check your cables and jumpers for correct assignments, eg master/slave etc. (Which makes me think that you should check this anyhow as some removable drives need to be jumpered in certain ways.) As it's Win XP, the drives should be DMA enabled. Now, install the 001.

If it doesn't work, it's time to try other ideas. Such as trying a different slot. Check the IRQs and report back. You really should have it on IRQ 9 or 10. As it's a GA7DX it's likely that irq 10 will be obtainable. If it is working, start re-installing all your other devices and testing.

For info on APIC try reading this... http://www.rojakpot.com/S peed_Demonz/New_BIOS_Guide/APIC_Function.htm

Keep us posted.

Best regards,

Haigbabe
Old 09-30-2002, 08:48 AM

Haigbabe

Thanks for the advice, and the info!! I'll give it a try tonight and let you know.
One quick question, I read up on the APIC. Sounds like the best bet is to live it at the default - enabled. Any feelings/experience on this? Thanks again..wish me luck.
Intel i7 870 2.93Ghz
ATI Firepro V3700 (PCIe)
www.doylemusic.com
Old 09-30-2002, 09:08 AM

Hi,

Yeah, just go with that for the moment. Should be fine.

Fingers crossed!

Haigbabe
Old 09-30-2002, 10:36 PM

It plays but....
Ok, So I went Vanilla
mbo/video card/sys drive
-loaded xp on(did the two partition thing as suggested)
- got it up and running (Solitare, I had a hell of a game going!)
- added another hard drive then added a cd rom
- added digi card, and installed per factory suggestions.
I opened up a previously recorded file(16 tracks) and played it for about a minute and BAM!
The dreaded "Dae - 6045 error" I did some looking on this and basically found nothing that "seemed" to apply to me.

Quickdraw any ideas? I'm not using an ATI card.

I upped the DAE engine to 4, and it played for about 2 minutes, Bam same error
I upped it to 8( upping was suggested somewhere, duc? can't remember)and it played for 8 mionutes before I stopped it. SO it seemed to go away, althoug from what I've read, this error never goes away.
Next I opened a new file, created 18 tracks and recorded for 16 minutes until I stopped it.
So my fingers are crossed. I'll try to add the other cards tomorrow. Thanks Haigbabe [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Intel i7 870 2.93Ghz
ATI Firepro V3700 (PCIe)
www.doylemusic.com
Old 10-01-2002, 12:03 AM

Greetings doylemusic,

OK, some partial success. It might be that this previous file is corrupt. Best to recreate the session sometimes.

Work with some new files/sessions also and see how it goes.

Keep us posted.

Haigbabe
Old 10-01-2002, 12:28 AM

doylemusic,

Since your original post was about 9129 errors and not 6045 errors I think there might be hope. That shows that your hardware is capable of running without the 6045 in some form. Unless the 9129 was just quicker than the 6045, and the 6045 would have eventually come up had the 9129 not prevented it from getting that far. Also, you said you built an "Allen prescribed PC", and you really can't go wrong there.

Since you obviously found my name in your 6045 research you already know that I never found a way to fix a 6045 on an otherwise working configuration. The only way I've ever fixed it was to do a clean install or to Drive Image back to a pre-6045 working config. I see that you've already done the clean install. However, since you're getting 6045 errors it seems that something must have gone wrong.

Here's how I build a PC. It's proven to be the most reliable method. If you've done anything in a different order, or left out any steps you might consider starting over again. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Start as basic as possible. Nothing but a video card, 1 hard drive, and 1 CD-ROM drive connected to the system. No PCI cards installed at all. Hard drive connected to the on-board controller's port 1 and CD-ROM connected to the on-board controller's port 2 (separate cables - both jumpered as master). You could also connect the floppy drive. Don't connect anything else to the system at all.

With the system in that basic configuration, load WinXP. Make sure that XP boots and runs absolutely correctly. Reboot a few times to make sure.

Next, still in the original basic configuration, load any motherboard and chipset drivers. I'm not sure what your system might need since I've not built an AMD based system. 4-in-1 drivers? AMD drivers? Whatever Allen and other AMD experts recommend for your chipset. Once those drivers are loaded make sure XP is working absolutely correctly. Reboot a few times to make sure.

Next, load your video card driver. Make sure the system works perfectly, rebooting a couple of times to make sure.

Next, intall the Promise controller and load the drivers for it. Leave the system drive on the motherboard controller until after you have the drivers for the Promise controller loaded. (You may need to connect a drive to the Promise controller in order for XP to recognize the card.) After the drivers for the Promise controller are loaded make sure XP is working perfectly. Reboot a couple times to make sure.

At this point you can shut down and connect the rest of your drives the way you really want them connected. System drive on Promise 1 as master, CD drives on mobo, other drives where you think best. Make sure the system works perfectly in this configuration. Reboot a couple time to confirm proper operation.

At this point you should have a rock-solid XP installation. If you have Norton Ghost or PQ Drive Image now is a good time to make an image. If you don't have either of those imaging programs you should definitely create a System Restore Point in XP's System Restore. This will come in handy if anything goes wrong in the future.

Now install the Digi 001 and PTLE 5.3.1. Hopefully everything will be okay now. If it is you should definitely image your drive and create a System Restore Point.

After you've got the PTLE working you can start adding the rest of your system back in, one card at a time, making sure the system is perfect after each installation before moving on to the next. If any installation causes a problem you can System Restore or Ghost back to the working config and try the problem device a different way.

I hope this helps. I hate 6045 errors!

Good luck!

Mike
- PreSonus Quantum 2
- PreSonus Studio 24c
- MBox 3 Mini
- Mackie Onyx 1640i
- Behringer X32 Producer
- PT 2018.12 (vanilla)
- Various USB2/3 and Firewire hard drives