Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 05-06-2019, 06:26 PM

Default HDX Card Benefits w/o Digilink I/O Connected?

Hi, I’m waiting on some digilink I/O to arrive but continuing to work with my AES coreaudio interfaces in PT Ultimate. I’ve installed my HDX card, upgraded it’s firmware, and purchased my DigiLink license....is my HDX card doing anything right now (like AAX/DSP plugs) or is it really just sitting idle right now until something gets connected to it and my machine continues to act like a Native box?

Thanks.
Old 05-06-2019, 06:31 PM

Default Re: HDX Card Benefits w/o Digilink I/O Connected?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindrift300 View Post
Hi, I’m waiting on some digilink I/O to arrive but continuing to work with my AES coreaudio interfaces in PT Ultimate. I’ve installed my HDX card, upgraded it’s firmware, and purchased my DigiLink license....is my HDX card doing anything right now (like AAX/DSP plugs) or is it really just sitting idle right now until something gets connected to it and my machine continues to act like a Native box?

Thanks.
Nope. Ya need an interface box so you can make it the playback engine.

You can look at the systems usage meters to see the DSP resources not being used... you may want to have a read about that now to understand the practical DSP and voice resource consumption and how to look at that usage.
Old 05-06-2019, 06:44 PM

Default Re: HDX Card Benefits w/o Digilink I/O Connected?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Nope. Ya need an interface box so you can make it the playback engine.

You can look at the systems usage meters to see the DSP resources not being used... you may want to have a read about that now to understand the practical DSP and voice resource consumption and how to look at that usage.
Right on Darryl. Thanks for the info. I’ll check out the manual for that info.