Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 11:44 AM

Default Let Me Know If You Guys Get This...

I was mixing and had the Waves SSL (RTAS) on the Master. I then put the Sony Inflator after it. Then I put the Massenberg EQ after that. As I was mixing I decided to switch the two (Inflator/Massenberg-Both TDM)around to see how it sounded. So I stopped the song and moved the Inflator under the Mass. EQ. Uh oh, I got the rainbow wheel of death. After it finished it told me that I had an error #-7100. Once I clicked ok it then went back the the rainbow wheel of death and then gave me an error #7058. Then, everything seemed ok until I clicked on any plugin then I would get the error #-7100.
So I powered down and pulled the session back up and everything was ok. I finished the mix without trying the switching of the Inflator/Massenberg but, after I did finished the mix I did some testing of my own.
I thought it was maybe the delay comp. I turned it off but, still a no go.
I then thought it must be the Waves SSL. I switched RTAS plugins to another one (Digi Comp) and still a no go.
I took the RTAS plugin off completely and then tried it and everything was good again. Ohhh, Ok.
So, it's RTAS plugins that make TDM plugins hard to find another chip to go to or something like that. No matter where I put the RTAS plugin on that Master Channel (Before or After), if I try to move the Inflator or Massenberg, it would stall and I would get error #-7100 from then on. I tried increasing the voices to increasing the power to taking out every plugin and only having the Waves SSL (RTAS) the Inflator (TDM) the Massenberg (TDM) and the Digi Comp (RTAS). Still a no go.
There is definitely a bug with using RTAS with TDM on the Master. I haven't tried this on the aux but, will do to see if same thing happens.

Hope This Helps Digi for cs Updates or 7.4 upgrade.

M2E
New System: Macbook Pro M1 Max/16 gigs of Ram/Monterey/3 UAD Quad Satellites/2 PCIe Quad UAD cards/Waves Digigrid/Antelope Zen Pro/OWC 3 Slot Thunderbolt PCIe unit/Over 1400 plugins (Beta Tester for 15 different companies)

YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaZYp2wNomc
Old 09-04-2007, 11:48 AM

Default Re: Let Me Know If You Guys Get This...

Just tried it on Aux's mono and stereo and it's there as well. Just put a RTAS before the TDM and try to move the TDM down one slot. You will get those error's.

Don't know if I mentioned this or not but, I did trash prefs and all the other stuff. This is a bug.

M2E...
New System: Macbook Pro M1 Max/16 gigs of Ram/Monterey/3 UAD Quad Satellites/2 PCIe Quad UAD cards/Waves Digigrid/Antelope Zen Pro/OWC 3 Slot Thunderbolt PCIe unit/Over 1400 plugins (Beta Tester for 15 different companies)

Old 09-04-2007, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Just tried it on Aux's mono and stereo and it's there as well. Just put a RTAS before the TDM and try to move the TDM down one slot. You will get those error's.

Don't know if I mentioned this or not but, I did trash prefs and all the other stuff. This is a bug.

M2E...
Hi,

No problem here!! just did you're exact test and it worked without fault, i often switch between plugins around between slots and mix and match rtas and TDM with no problems! the only plug that doesn't like to be dragged is DUY magic spectrum pro? but by de-activating it first you can then drag it anywhere then re-activate it.

Be carefull where you use the term bug!! its only a bug if it happens on everyone's system not when it is specific to only your system.

The obvious suggestion is.. are all your plugins up to date, even if they're not in the session, just having them in the plugs folder can cause problems!

Does this happen with every session or just the one session?

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:35 PM

Marc,

I can’t help but noticing that you seem to be having an inordinate amount of problems with your system — many of them, seemingly unique. I wonder if perhaps it isn’t time for you to investigate the health of your computer, its subsystems (i.e. RAM), drives, cables, power, etc.

Something’s not right.

IHTH.

We’ll fix it in the shrink-wrap. (Frank Zappa)

Old 09-04-2007, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Quote:

M2E...
Hi,

No problem here!! just did you're exact test and it worked without fault, i often switch between plugins around between slots and mix and match rtas and TDM with no problems! the only plug that doesn't like to be dragged is DUY magic spectrum pro? but by de-activating it first you can then drag it anywhere then re-activate it.

Be carefull where you use the term bug!! its only a bug if it happens on everyone's system not when it is specific to only your system.

The obvious suggestion is.. are all your plugins up to date, even if they're not in the session, just having them in the plugs folder can cause problems!

Does this happen with every session or just the one session?

Chris
Thanx For The Help,

I took out all the plugins and just had the one mentioned and it still did it.
I don't know what's that about.
What is the earliest version I can use for the Mac Pro? Maybe I'll start there then slowly go up to see if that helps.

M2E...

Old 09-04-2007, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Marc,

I can’t help but noticing that you seem to be having an inordinate amount of problems with your system — many of them, seemingly unique. I wonder if perhaps it isn’t time for you to investigate the health of your computer, its subsystems (i.e. RAM), drives, cables, power, etc.

Something’s not right.

IHTH.

Yeah, I would if it was an old CPU but, this is a new 3 month old Mac Pro 266ghz cpu.
I have a few idea's that I could try like,

1. Switch the Accel Cards around..Of course leaving the Core where it is.
2. Is there a way to know if I have the combo update for 10.4.9?
3. I took out the Mach 5 but, that's not the problem. It was still doin the same thing so, I put it back in.
4. I have my 96i hooked up to my 192i/o expansion slot. Should I hook the 96i direct to a Accel card maybe?
5. I do notice that I always have to redo my Airprot connection everytime I shutdown and power back up. Could that be linked to something?
6. I know this is not in the same subject but, when I pull up Logic Pro (7.2.3) I don't have a DAE tab to select in Logic. My brother has the same logic Pro and he has a DAE tab in his. Don't know if this is connected to something.

M2E

Old 09-05-2007, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Yeah, I would if it was an old CPU but, this is a new 3 month old Mac Pro 266ghz cpu.
The fact that you are dealing with a new host computer only reinforces my suspicion about the latter’s integrity. By all means, try the troubleshooting steps you listed in the last post — I sincerely hope that the solution to your troubles is to be found among those. Conversely, should they prove to be devoid of practical value (perish the thought), consider starting from scratch — thoroughly testing each step of the way.

Good luck, Marc!

We’ll fix it in the shrink-wrap. (Frank Zappa)

Old 09-05-2007, 07:09 AM

Applejack

one of the must have utilities for clearing up system issues.