How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2012, 05:41 PM

Default Novation Impulse transport control compatability with PT

Hi

I made the switch from an M-Audio Axiom 61 to a Novation Impulse 61 because I prefer the softer key action of the Impulse. However, I now desperately miss the compatability that the Axiom's transport controls had with PT (mainly the 'undo' function of pressing the loop and stop button together). It was also good being able to jump to the start of the PT project by pressing the rewind and stop button together.

At the moment, I am having to lean over the Impulse keyboard to reach my computer keyboard and hit the 'Command Z' combo to undo recordings. When recording with my guitar, I keep knocking it on the Impulse while I'm leaning over the Impulse.

Has anyone managed to get their Impulse to 'learn' how to undo recordings, because I sure as hell haven't been able to do it. Also, on a less important side-note, has anyone been able to make the master fader on the Impulse work with PT?

Thanks