Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2007, 08:25 AM

Default PT 7.3 crashes when initializing Hardware

Has any one had that problem. First of all I didn't want to upgrade to 7.x until it seemed to be stable, and now when I bought it it won't start up, it crashes when it is intializing the hardware. I believe i've tried the common things such as moving plugins, trashing prefs etc. I've got a G4 Dual 1.25 MDD, OSX 10.4.8. I've been running PT HD 6.4, 6.7 and 6.9.2 without problems on this same computer. Can anyone help on this.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:05 AM
Avid

Default Re: PT 7.3 crashes when initializing Hardware

Which Digidesign hardware are you using? Of the troubleshooting steps you've been recommended, which ones have you tried specifically?
Old 02-12-2007, 09:12 AM

If you think you've trashed all old preferences and updated/moved questionable plugins, you probably haven't.

I'd suggest following the setup and troubleshooting sticky to the letter. I know that this answer gets thrown around a lot by Digi and other users, but it really is the way to go.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:24 AM

I'm using the 96 I/O.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:32 AM

I did follow the installation manual very carefully and did everything by that book.
Then I even tried to take all of the plugins from it's folder, needless to say that didn't work either.
I re-installed the 6.9.2 and that worked fine as it has in the past, then I installed the 7.3 again and same thing. I then tried to install the 7.3.1 and that didn't help which is no surprice really.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:45 AM
Avid

Have you tried a clean uninstall and reinstall? By 'clean' I mean running the uninstallers and, if given the option between 'safe' and 'clean', choosing 'clean'.

Do you get any error messages or does Pro Tools just not launch?

Have you done ALL the steps in the OS X Setup and General Troubleshooting sticky at the top of this forum?
Old 02-12-2007, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Have you tried a clean uninstall and reinstall? By 'clean' I mean running the uninstallers and, if given the option between 'safe' and 'clean', choosing 'clean'.
Yeps

Quote:
Do you get any error messages or does Pro Tools just not launch?
I get the little fancy window with the PT logo and the meter that says where I'm at in launching the program. The first thing that comes up there is Initializing Hardware. Then everything stops, I get the Little clock thingy and then; The application Pro Tools 7.3 quit unexpectedly. Mac osx..........

Quote:
Have you done ALL the steps in the OS X Setup and General Troubleshooting sticky at the top of this forum?
All that apply