How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2013, 06:27 AM

Default midi moose

Hey guys,

I'm thinking about getting this midi controller. http://www.tech21nyc.com/products/ef...midimoose.html

Has anyone here tried this one with the 11r?
Also, is it possible to use phantom power with the 11r and this controller? What cable do i need for this?

thanks!

Last edited by SloeGin; 08-30-2013 at 07:41 AM.
Old 08-31-2013, 04:26 AM

Default Re: midi moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeGin View Post
Hey guys,

I'm thinking about getting this midi controller. http://www.tech21nyc.com/products/ef...midimoose.html

Has anyone here tried this one with the 11r?
Also, is it possible to use phantom power with the 11r and this controller? What cable do i need for this?

thanks!
You need a standard 5 pin MIDI cable to go between the MIDI Mouse and the 11R. There's no way you can use the phantom power on the 11R as that's only for the mic input on the 11R and that doesn't transmit down the MIDI ports. You're going to need a 9 volt battery to go in the MM. I use the little MIDI Mouse and it's pretty good.

The issue I can see with this thing is the bank up and down buttons combined with the 5 individual patch buttons. The reason I say that is the 11R works in banks of 4 patches and this thing works in banks of 5. Not an operational issue as such but trying to mentally remember that say patch B1 on the 11R would be on the patch 5 button. The manual is available on the NYC site - I'd suggest downloading it and reading it if you haven't already.

QAPLA!
Old 08-31-2013, 05:24 AM

FWIW...I use a Rocktron MIDI Mate with mine and THIS cable to power it. I would think it would work with the MIDI Moose, however, do not know that for certain.

There are a few threads here regarding MIDI pedals. If money was no issue, I'd definitely go with the Ground Control Pro. Solid build and is laid out in "fours" which somewhat relates to the previous comment. FCB1010 w/PROM would be another excellent option, too. That said; my MIDI Mate - which I had before Eleven Racks - does work pretty well with it. I have not been able to figure out how to make an expression pedal work when connected to it, though.

A little bit of a rambling response, however, check out the cable I linked if the MIDI Moose is your definitive choice. I'm pretty certain a Sweetwater rep would be able to tell you if they would play well together, if not someone here.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianiac5150 View Post
FWIW...I use a Rocktron MIDI Mate with mine and THIS cable to power it. I would think it would work with the MIDI Moose, however, do not know that for certain.
That cable won't work with the MIDI Moose as it (Moose) uses standard 5 pin MIDI cables which is the same as the 11 Rack.

QAPLA!
Old 09-01-2013, 12:01 AM

Thanks for the replies!
I quess i'll go with that 9V battery then