Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 08-05-2003, 11:57 PM

Default Routing other audio programs (Peak and Jam) through Digi Hardware

How do i listen to the output of Roxio Jam in OSX with an HD3 system through the digi hardware?
www.matthewsgriffith.com
www.beatdisciples.com
Old 08-06-2003, 08:14 AM

Default Re: Routing other audio programs (Peak and Jam) through Digi Hardware

I am having similar problems. We just updated our HD system to OSX and cannot make the 192 the default sound device. When I go to System Preferences>Sound>Output, the only option it gives me is the Built in audio controller -- its like its not even recognizing the 192. PLEASE HELP -- this is very frustrating.
Old 08-06-2003, 09:15 AM
Administrator

You need to install the Digidesign Core Audio Driver to route the audio from Bias Peak, Roxio Jam and other programs to your Digi hardware. A list of supported applications, download and details here:
http://www.digidesign.com/download/coreaudio
Quote:
Roxio Toast with Jam 5.2/5.01 (set the Sound Out to Mac OS X Audio HAL)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">For system sounds, the core audio driver won't work. The easiest way that I've found is to route your mac audio out to a mixer if posssible. Also from the core audio page:
Quote:
Digidesign Core Audio Driver Q & A

Q: Why can't I hear my Mac system sounds through my Digidesign hardware using the Digidesign Core Audio Driver?

A: The Digidesign Core Audio Driver for Mac OS X does not support playback of system sounds. There is an issue with the OS X Sound Preference Panel that makes it appear the "Digidesign HW" can be selected under "Sound Effects" but this functionality is not supported by the Digidesign Core Audio Driver. Your Mac system sounds will continue to be available through your Mac speaker and regular Mac line out.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
Old 08-06-2003, 04:47 PM

We currently have a d24 core system...

are there any plans to make the digi core audio driver compatible with this system? Or will the current drive work, but is untested?

TIA,
Iain