Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2005, 12:27 PM

Default Stupid Reason ? Custom song.....

How do you get Reason to open with the correct song you are working on in a PT session? When using Reason rewired in a PT session, the reason song always opens as Document 1. Ive renamed the song with the Save and Save As commands. Ive also pointed to this renamed file as a Custom song in Reason Preferences, but it still opens as Document 1. This is driving me nuts!

Is there a way to do this?
Old 03-01-2005, 02:54 PM

Default Re: Stupid Reason ?

I've been using Reason for some time now with PT and just took it as red that it wouldnt automatically load up the correct file. I guess its just linked in terms of timecode / audio io and therefore wouldnt have any idea about what song file to load. If you find out otherwise please let me know!

Thanks,
iain
Old 03-01-2005, 03:57 PM

in preferences>general>default song,
empty rack-open empty rack so you build it up.
built in-open reasons default song, would be called document 1.
custom(folder icon in the right side)-open choosed session, would be called document 1.
these settings are the same for standalone or rewired reason.
unless you open frome reason saved session icon.
everytime you launch rewired reason in PT it would be the same settin you choosed,
i prefer empty rack, then choose the session,
however, if you're using the same session a lot,
you can set it in custom setting, that particular session as the one to open with.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:04 AM

I was not very clear on my first post Yes I want to have Reason open with the correct "Custom song", the one that goes with the PT session.

I must have modified the default song because the right modules load and the song plays okay, but the song is still called Document 1.

Quote:
however, if you're using the same session a lot,
you can set it in custom setting, that particular session as the one to open with.
I have chosen the correct song as my Custom song, but it still loads as Document 1.

Yoko. I do as you, after Reason loads I chose the Reason song that goes with the session. But is there a way to have Reason load the correct song when it opens?
Old 03-02-2005, 11:15 AM

PT and Reason have nothing to do with each other, they are mutually exclusive programs which only work in tandem because of a synchronization protocol called ReWire.

That being said, Reason will launch the same way everytime. You can control how it launches - with the default song, a custom song, or an empty rack - but it will not auto-launch the specific song that goes with a specific PT session.

The best way to manage files when working with PT and Reason is to save the Reason file in the same parent folder as your PT session. That way, you'll always know where an associated Reason file lives and can quickly access it once Reason opens.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:23 AM

Quote:
That being said, Reason will launch the same way everytime. You can control how it launches - with the default song, a custom song, or an empty rack - but it will not auto-launch the specific song that goes with a specific PT session.

Right. I have Reason set up to launch a Custom song. But the Custom song is always named Document 1 when it opens.

Is there a way to have the custom song launch with the correct name?
Old 03-02-2005, 04:36 PM

It opens as "Document 1" so it doesn't erase or save over your custom setup. Think of it as a template, a setup which you normally start off with and build on.

When you save it, save it in your PT session folder.