Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2006, 07:59 AM

Default ProControl and IP issues

I am running a procontrol connected via a Hub which inturn is connected via a router. I do not like to keep my PT computer on line so I only connect it to the internet when I need to. The problem is if I boot up the computer whithout it being connected to the internet it spends almost a minute looking for a connection and then gives me a network connection yellow exclamation mark. It's not a big issue, the procontrol still works great, I just hate sitting for a minute and a half waiting to get the stupid message. Also, if I try to lauch protools during this time, it will wait until the message comes up to boot up. It's only an annoyance. Is there:
1) a way to stop the network from looking for an IP address from the router when not connected, AND
2) to maybe give the procontrol a direct connection so that it is recognized instantly.

Note that when connected to the internet/Router the computer boots up in a matter of seconds.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:23 PM

Default Re: ProControl and IP issues

System Preferences->Network->Show:Network Port Configurations. Disable Ethernet by turning it "Off". This will not affect the Pro Control.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:53 AM

Default Re: ProControl and IP issues

Thank you for your response. I just ended up assigning a static ip address which resolved the problem. Now all I have to do is connect the ethernet cable to get on line. When not connected the computer doesn't need to look for an ip address since it has a permanent one.