Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2016, 07:10 AM

Default Artist Mix & Control suddenly not connecting

EuCon 3.3
PT 12.5.0
Logic X
OS 10.10.5

I've been succesfully using the Mix & Control for 2 years. I went on vacation and powered them down for a week. Came home, turned them on and Eucon will not recognize them at all. All cables are the same. Signal flow is as follows.

Surfaces to Router (straight ethernet cable)
Router has lights on and recognized all ethernet cables
Router to Thunderbolt Ethernet MBP connect (straight cable)
Network Pref: Ethernet prioritized to top. Set to DHCP. Gives an address of 169.254.62.2, subnet mask 255.255.0.0 I should mention the Thunderbolt Ethernet is lit YELLOW and say it has a self assigned IP and will not be available to the internet, but I assume this is normal as of course it's not connected to the Internet, it's connected to my surfaces.

Eucon Sys Pref: Network Interface: Thunderbolt ethernet Launch Status: Pending - but never finds the surfaces. I don't have a "stop" button as mention in other posts.

EuCon App; No surfaces show up at all. Not in PT, or Eucon or even the Finder. I've been thinking about just going straight into a surface, but I don't have a crossover cable, and I don't think this is a cable issue. They worked before and a cable can't break itself. I'm thinking it must be a network issue on my MBP as I was configuring a wireless router while on vacation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've gotten so used to the surfaces I can't work without them.

Thanks,

Michael
Sound Design & Mix
Old 09-15-2016, 06:22 AM

Default Re: Artist Mix & Control suddenly not connecting

Problem solved;

Tested Thunderbolt ethernet with my modem to make sure I was getting a connection.

Uninstalled EuCon 3.3
Installed Eucon 3.4.1 and updated firmware.

All was fine. I guess EuCon just got stupid.