How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2011, 08:26 AM

Default Re: Error, missing iLok authorization for Pro Tools 9

Thanks Ben,

I've been through all your suggestions already though. I've been searching for a solution for 3 weeks so one way or another I've come across these issues!!!

The iLok is found under 'Dongle' in the device manager and it says it's working and the drivers are fully up to date so I don't think the problem lies there either.

It's strange how this fix allows it to work though. Somebody must know why it happens and how to fix it!!!

Unless I really am that unlucky with technology.

It's a pain but if I can get it to work every time like this then so be it.

Cheers mate.
Old 09-24-2011, 02:30 PM

Im sorry to hear that you have not had much luck.

Unfortunatly I know all too well how annoying and fustrating these problems are, especially when you plough a lot of your hard earned resources into products that, despite the amount of money and research that goes in to making them appear to fail to some extent in a number of cases. Personally, I find my self unable to cope with a quick fix so will keep spending valuable time trying to make my tools work to their full ability, even if the fix is as easy as turning the autosave feature off, or pluging an Ilok in at a precise time. Despite having to spend alot of time trying to sort out little niggles that shouldn't of been there from day 1, I can happily say that the time spent eventually resulted in a stable system in which I couldn't be happier with.

I know in your case, where you are wanting to start promoting your business you have to ask yourself weather you should keep dragging your self along for a little longer in search for a complete fix, or risk a small problem which as unlikly as it is could get bigger at a time when you don't need it.

I have another idea for you:

Try going back into msconfig:

Windows Key+R to open the 'Run' dialogue, type msconfig and press ok to open the 'System Configuration' window, under the services and startup tabs double check that any items from Avid, Digidesign, Pace and Ilok in the manufacturer colum (don't be worried if some of the manufacturers I listed arn't there) are ticked as this can effect the startup and use of cirtain items.
For example: If you use Itunes and in this menu the bonjour service is not selected you cannot sync your apple device with Itunes. You may of missed an item which is stopping the the Ilok from connecting properly at startup.

A last resort, would be to look in your computers manual and find out how to restore your pc to it's factory state (it may be defferent on a dell to a hp) keeping in mind that this would delete everything on its hard drive, and should leave you with a fresh install of windows. so you would need to back all you personal/needed data onto an external drive first. The next step would be to install Pro Tools 9 again and all relative drivers/software without doing any updates/optimizations first and see if it works fine then. This way everything is as it should be and untouched, then when everything is working update pro tools direct to 0.5, restart, make sure it works, go through each recommended optimization, restart and reopen Pro Tools after each one. This takes alot more time but if anything goes wrong you know exactly where and why. Please note that this method can take alot of time, and can be quite difficult for someone who doesn't know computers all too well. That said it is this method that has given me a better understading of how to fix problems and eventually resulted in my success.

If you are not comfortable doing this, since I know you on a personal level I would be happy to take a look at your computer.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:33 AM

Cheers for that Ben,

I ran the msconfig idea but everything was ticked that needed to be, though there was nothing 'iLok' related on there.

I had thought about a total factory reset but as this fix works every time, i'm reluctant to start again just yet.

It's not a massive task to do each time I need to launch Pro Tools, my only worry is that as it's such a delicate and strange fix, if I do need to access Pro Tools in a hurry and doesn't work, I'll be pretty ticked off!

I'm keeping an eye out for a cheap Ilok1 as some people who have issues with iLok2, don't have them with the first generation. It's just that they are discontinued and hard to find so the cheapest I've found is £50 which I'm reluctant to spend, especially if it doesn't solve the issue and I've already purchased a generation 2!!

This iLok thing seems like a good idea in general but I resent having to pay more to buy one just because I used the crossgrade option, only for it not to work properly. It doesn't make me feel any better that I can't receive help from iLok because as far as they're concerned 'it works' and it's an issue with my software and Avid STILL haven't replied to my request for help.

I may not be Abbey Road but it would be nice to be aknowledged!!!
Old 10-05-2011, 03:41 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin11 View Post
Cheers for that Ben,

I ran the msconfig idea but everything was ticked that needed to be, though there was nothing 'iLok' related on there.

I had thought about a total factory reset but as this fix works every time, i'm reluctant to start again just yet.

It's not a massive task to do each time I need to launch Pro Tools, my only worry is that as it's such a delicate and strange fix, if I do need to access Pro Tools in a hurry and doesn't work, I'll be pretty ticked off!

I'm keeping an eye out for a cheap Ilok1 as some people who have issues with iLok2, don't have them with the first generation. It's just that they are discontinued and hard to find so the cheapest I've found is £50 which I'm reluctant to spend, especially if it doesn't solve the issue and I've already purchased a generation 2!!

This iLok thing seems like a good idea in general but I resent having to pay more to buy one just because I used the crossgrade option, only for it not to work properly. It doesn't make me feel any better that I can't receive help from iLok because as far as they're concerned 'it works' and it's an issue with my software and Avid STILL haven't replied to my request for help.

I may not be Abbey Road but it would be nice to be aknowledged!!!
Can you email me directly at : vi [at] digidesign [dot] com with all your pertinent info - address, iLok account name, Sandra report and a link to this thread so I can troubleshoot with you directly?

I'm 99% convinced this is a computer issue, not a problem with the iLok, but I want to try to solve this directly rather than back and forth on the DUC.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:36 PM

I had this problem today.

Been using PT 9.0.2 for a good couple of weeks with no issues and then all of a sudden this: Error, missing iLok authorization for "Pro Tools 9." Please insert the necessary iLok to continue

Yes, it's installed correctly, the light is on etc and it shows up in device manager "this device is working properly." I also tried hopping it to some different USB ports but to no avail.

The solution seems to be to firstly, reboot and then remove the iLOk for regular use (internet, word-processing et al) and only insert it when you want to run a PT session. Just another d*cky glitch I guess? And no, it's not me Digi, it's you.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:25 AM

I had the same problem in my win64 Dell laptop. Pro tools 9 would only see the dongle if you didn't boot the computer with it attached. The only thing that fixed it unfortunately was to upgrade to pro tools 10. Pro tools 9 seems to be the culprit here.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:00 AM

Default Pro Tools 9 error- DAE error 9126

Hi. I've been running pro tools 9 on a mac smoothly for many months. Recently the DAE error -9126 pop up box appears when opening a session, saying Could not complete open recent session 2 (or many) command because DAE error -9126 was encountered.

It's becoming frequent and at times unable to open sessions. Our band is nearing completion of our album and I have just started to record and produce music for others. This error has occurred with a new artist I'm working with and I haven't been able to open the session. Frustrating.

Does anyone out there no the solution?